• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

Clawson presser this week was the most impressive 30 minutes of a head coach talking I have ever seen. If you listen to it all, it's remarkable. His ability to grasp all the details, place them in the big picture is remarkable. Football savant.

Best analysis of WFU offense I've ever heard from a damn good Army coach.

https://youtu.be/2EpEPw8wYao

Agreed. That was well done. I don't understand all the negative comments about playing the academies. Annapolis and West Point are great places to visit and watch football. Yes, there were some injuries but the trip to Syracuse 2 years ago or Tulane 3 or 4 years ago were both much worse for injuries.

Clawson presser this week was the most impressive 30 minutes of a head coach talking I have ever seen. If you listen to it all, it's remarkable. His ability to grasp all the details, place them in the big picture is remarkable. Football savant.

Yes, his press conferences are great. For anybody worried about the defense (me included), listen to yesterday's presser as Clawson talks a lot about why we give up a lot of points on D. There are systemic reasons - it's not just because the D is falling down on the job.

If you want a laugh, watch a Clawson presser and then pull up [Redacted]'s introductory press conference.

Yes, his press conferences are great. For anybody worried about the defense (me included), listen to yesterday's presser as Clawson talks a lot about why we give up a lot of points on D. There are systemic reasons - it's not just because the D is falling down on the job.

If you want a laugh, watch a Clawson presser and then pull up [Redacted]'s introductory press conference.
Or Cutclffe. "You have to run to it."

Agreed. That was well done. I don't understand all the negative comments about playing the academies. Annapolis and West Point are great places to visit and watch football. Yes, there were some injuries but the trip to Syracuse 2 years ago or Tulane 3 or 4 years ago were both much worse for injuries.

100%

70 points in 17 minutes could be a one off. If we do something like that again, Wake Forest Football will be the biggest story of the year nationwide.

We play a team that lost 48-0 in their last game.

Minor point, but I think he said why we give up a lot of yards, not points.

Did you watch the game?

Ask the players that got chopped (not cut) how they feel about it. Sure Hartman enjoyed the late hits. But yeah let's definitely have a decade-long series.

After WF wins the Natty, maybe the Deacs get invited to play Bama or UGA in the 2022 Chik-fil-a kickoff classic, and we can use the payout to buyout the rest of the Army series.

After WF wins the Natty, maybe the Deacs get invited to play Bama or UGA in the 2022 Chik-fil-a kickoff classic, and we can use the payout to buyout the rest of the Army series.

I know this was said in jest, but the next opening in the Chick-Fil-A Kickoff Classic is 2026 unless they double up in 2023 or 2024:

2022 – Oregon vs. Georgia (Sept. 3)
2022 – Clemson at Georgia Tech (Sept. 5)
2023 – Louisville vs. Georgia Tech (Sept. 2)
2024 – Clemson vs. Georgia (Aug. 31)
2025 – Tennessee vs. Syracuse (Aug. 30)
2025 – South Carolina vs. Virginia Tech (Aug. 31 or Sept. 1)

I know this was said in jest, but the next opening in the Chick-Fil-A Kickoff Classic is 2026 unless they double up in 2023 or 2024:

are those ACC conference games in 22 and 23?

This was a big one -- unless I'm forgetting, Clawson has never said this on the record. I've had to use a Justin Strnad fall camp 2019 quote as a reference for years.

This was a big one -- unless I'm forgetting, Clawson has never said this on the record. I've had to use a Justin Strnad fall camp 2019 quote as a reference for years.

Again, he was talking about yardage, not points. In fact he specifically mentioned that we are still in the top half of the conference in points allowed, despite the Army game here:

"The nature of what we do on offense, we’re probably never going to have a top three-or-four defense, if you look at yardage. If you look at stop rate, our defense was one of the best in the ACC going into last weekend. If you look at scoring defense, we’re still in the top half, even after giving up 56 points. Our yardage numbers are never going to be in the top five. When you play the way we play on offense and snap the ball quickly, play counts are going to be up. If play counts are up, yardage totals are going to be up."

This is from Les' transcript and I switched a comma for a period to make it clearer. (hope I'm not crossing boundaries by using this quote)

UT vs. Cuse. Wow. What a barnburner.

seeing VT and Cuse get primetime games in those CFA classics confirms that WF is getting outmaneuvered in scheduling

reminder - next season our showcase OOC game is at Vanderbilt

Back