• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

Donovan Greene, 13 catches 249 yards and 2 TDs in 4 games. Should have played all season.

He would've if WF could have forecasted Greene's knee injury back when he was a true frosh. FWIW, I believe WF went 7-2 in the games that Greene didn't play and in one of those losses WF scored 59. So, it did make some sense to RS Greene that year, given that at least 3, and probably 4 other receivers on that roster who did play ended up getting paid by NFL teams

Donovan Greene, 13 catches 249 yards and 2 TDs in 4 games. Should have played all season.

Seems too perfect that Conor asked you to spell the name of a player who spells his name in a non-traditional way.

Agree that Donavon Greene should have played his entire freshman year, because it seems very unlikely that he will exhaust his eligibility.

I mean ... Donavon was the third-best freshman receiver that fall camp. Taylor Morin was way ahead of the two 4-stars, and I actually thought Groulx was a little better through the middle portion of camp.

Donavon made up a ton of ground, but from everything I've heard, he was not ready to be out there until those last 4 games (and he got manhandled against Clemson in his first game).

I mean ... Donavon was the third-best freshman receiver that fall camp. Taylor Morin was way ahead of the two 4-stars, and I actually thought Groulx was a little better through the middle portion of camp.

Donavon made up a ton of ground, but from everything I've heard, he was not ready to be out there until those last 4 games (and he got manhandled against Clemson in his first game).

Donavon Greene was one of those guys who literally needed to grow up physically. Once he did, he became a very good receiver.

This is a fun thread to (begin to) reread.

Somebody remind me how far down in the Atlantic we were projected to finish? TJDK

The Athletic has a ranking of 130 FBS schools defenses by a measure they call "stop rate." Wake is right in the middle (#66). Half the teams are bunched between 60% and 70%. That range covers #25 to #90.Two teams are above 80%. UGA and Clemson. Kansas is last at 40.3%.

With so many teams bunched so tightly, I'm not sure it is a metric of much value, except for the outlier at the top.
https://theathletic.com/3068720/2022/01/13/final-fbs-stop-rate-standings-georgias-defense-caps-a-dominant-2021-with-a-national-title-and-a-statistical-crown?source=user-shared-article

I love all these metrics. Don't need a metric to know our defense was not good or that we beat NCSu unless the scoreboard counts a metric. Some of these metrics get to be silly and meaningless.

ACC release just now highlighting that every conference team is represented in the NFL Playoffs:
"Clemson leads the way with 18 players represented on an NFL playoff roster, followed by Miami (12), Florida State (9), Pitt (9) and Wake Forest (9)."

Yeah. Hadn't thought about it like that but yeah.

Sat 4:30 - Raiders vs. Bengals
LB Marquel Lee (Raiders)
LB Kyle Wilbur (Raiders)
S Jessie Bates (Bengals)
PS-TE Scotty Washington (Bengals)

Sat 8:15 - Patriots vs. Bills
LT Justin Herron (Pats)
DE Boogie Basham (Bills)

Sun 1:00 - Eagles vs. Bucs (none)

Sun 4:00 - Niners vs. Cowboys (none)

Sun 8:15 - Steelers vs. Chiefs
PS-OG Nate Gilliam

Mon 8:15 - Cardinals vs. Rams
WR Greg Dortch (Cardinals)
QB John Wolford (Rams)

So 7 on playoff rosters and 2 on practice squads.

Back