• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

We know we are surrounded by cheating scum at UNC, State, and Duke but we have no choice but to play them.

Let's play Stanford, USC, UCLA, Cal, UW, Michigan, Northwestern, UF, all excellent schools.

FYI, just for the hell of it, US News academic rankings: ACC: Louisville is the only school ranked outside top 100; B1G: Nebraska is the only school ranked outside the top 100; SEC: only teams ranked in top 100 are Vandy, Florida, Auburn, A&M, and Georgia

How do you determine someone/something to be abhorrent if not by its values or principles.

286ce8dc-df82-468c-acd1-8f94a369e409_text.gif

Now you are just whining.

You don't like Liberty because it is a conservative, evangelical Christian institution. You have every right to not to like it, or to not agree with its values or principles. But to say that it is an "abhorrent institution" and that Wake should never schedule it as an opponent in sports (because you don't like it) just makes you come off as foolish, petty and intolerant.

More whining by me about something I don’t like:

“The Liberty Way”: How Liberty University Discourages and Dismisses Students’ Reports of Sexual Assaults

Pitt starting to get some chatter as best team in the conference. Fuck that, those fucks lost to Western Michigan. If the Army game was earlier in the year and we lost to them guarantee people wouldn't be saying anything at all about Wake.

Pitt starting to get some chatter as best team in the conference. Fuck that, those fucks lost to Western Michigan. If the Army game was earlier in the year and we lost to them guarantee people wouldn't be saying anything at all about Wake.

It's more than some chatter. Everything that I am reading has them as the team to beat in the ACC, getting the ACC's best bowl bid, and Pickens as a darkhorse for the Heisman. I don't know why they are getting so much love.

It's more than some chatter. Everything that I am reading has them as the team to beat in the ACC, getting the ACC's best bowl bid, and Pickens as a darkhorse for the Heisman. I don't know why they are getting so much love.

They’re a better program than us historically and much bigger market team- who cares- just win baby

Fan Duel odds to win the ACC:

Pitt -140
WF +350
NC State +750
Clemson +1000
UNC +4000
L'ville +5000

FWIW, after WF beat FSU, WF was 150 to 1 to win the ACC on FanDuel.

They’re a better program than us historically and much bigger market team- who cares- just win baby

Agreed. We probably perform better with a bit of a chip on our shoulders anyway, especially with this nearly unprecedented ranking. I’m sure that ranking alone signals to our guys that what they’re doing is getting noticed.

ESPN+ article that the alert said included some Clawson talk. Can anybody give a summary?

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ential-scoop-clemson-oklahoma-cincinnati-more

Says Clawson and Bob Stoops are the two names most-associated with being underrated. Here are the anon. quotes on Clawson:

"And it's not like he's been coaching at these schools with the most resources, the most tradition and the most recruiting reach," the coach said. "He's consistently outcoached people, and the surest gauge of a coach is what his players look like when they leave the program, not how highly rated they are when they come into the program."

The only real blip in Clawson's career came in 2008 when he was the offensive coordinator at Tennessee in Phillip Fulmer's final season before getting fired.

"He was the scapegoat in that whole deal," one assistant coach said. "It probably wasn't a good fit, but his entire body of work tells you that was the exception. Again, remember that he's done it at Wake Forest, which can't take just any player out there because of its academics. But look at the way they've scored points and the way he's developed that offense."

Now you are just whining.

You don't like Liberty because it is a conservative, evangelical Christian institution. You have every right to not to like it, or to not agree with its values or principles. But to say that it is an "abhorrent institution" and that Wake should never schedule it as an opponent in sports (because you don't like it) just makes you come off as foolish, petty and intolerant.

Add me to your list of "whiners".

I used to not give a shit either way about Liberty, even after old Jerry gored my shin with his wheelchair footplates because I was in his way. Then I attended the Paradise Jam tournament that was moved to Liberty in 2017. The students and event staff were ok, but the Liberty staff were all pricks. We had premium seats and went to the restroom between games. One our way back to our seats we were accosted by one of the Liberty guys who demanded that I show him our tickets for the seats we had been sitting in for two hours. He was incredibly rude, bordering on belligerent, and was pissed that I wasn't holding them in my hand. When I produced them, he turned and stomped off without saying another word.

The Fallwells have been shitting on Lynchburg for decades. They were/are anti-LGBTQ, hate Muslims, love Trump, and believe Democrats overplayed the COVID-19 crisis in order to hurt Trump. They're entitled to their views. We're entitled to laugh at Jerry, Jr for being a cuck and to tell them to go fuck themselves.

As I recall the Army coaches were never disciplined (fired) for their involvement. In comparison, the academies have a long history of kicking out cheating students. Most likely this hypocrisy was caused by Army finally having a competent football coaching staff pointed in a positive direction. It would be interesting to know if this failure to discipline ultimately led to the former AD leaving and Mike Buddie being hired.

If by not being fired you mean shitty Bateman now works for UNC presumably for a lot more money, yes, exactly.

If by not being fired you mean shitty Bateman now works for UNC presumably for a lot more money, yes, exactly.

Given how shitty Bateman's defense has been at UNC this year it looks like karma may be raising its head in Chapel Hill. Wake may well score another 70 points this year against his defense.

Says Clawson and Bob Stoops are the two names most-associated with being underrated. Here are the anon. quotes on Clawson:

"And it's not like he's been coaching at these schools with the most resources, the most tradition and the most recruiting reach," the coach said. "He's consistently outcoached people, and the surest gauge of a coach is what his players look like when they leave the program, not how highly rated they are when they come into the program."

The only real blip in Clawson's career came in 2008 when he was the offensive coordinator at Tennessee in Phillip Fulmer's final season before getting fired.

"He was the scapegoat in that whole deal," one assistant coach said. "It probably wasn't a good fit, but his entire body of work tells you that was the exception. Again, remember that he's done it at Wake Forest, which can't take just any player out there because of its academics. But look at the way they've scored points and the way he's developed that offense."

It’s astounding to me that people still put any stock on that season at UT given what UT and Clawson have been like since that year.

Back