• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: WF @ GT 6 pm Sunday ACCN

The situation Forbes has stepped into is even worse then when Clawson took over the football program. At least Clawson inherited a pretty good defense, not good enough to make up for the horrid offense, but that side of the ball was pretty good. Forbes has inherited an undermanned, poorly coached (returning players), ill-fitting roster, etc. mess. The best thing we can hope for this season, is to get through it and let him start putting his fingerprints on the program. Next season will hopefully see some good improvement on the court, but still see us in the bottom of the league. Year 3, if all goes well, could be the year we really start to see things improving.
Agreed. It would be interesting to hear Forbes' thoughts completely off the record. I suspect it would begin with "I knew it wasn't good but I had no idea it was this horrendous". I don't expect much until year 3.

The situation Forbes has stepped into is even worse then when Clawson took over the football program. At least Clawson inherited a pretty good defense, not good enough to make up for the horrid offense, but that side of the ball was pretty good. Forbes has inherited an undermanned, poorly coached (returning players), ill-fitting roster, etc. mess. The best thing we can hope for this season, is to get through it and let him start putting his fingerprints on the program. Next season will hopefully see some good improvement on the court, but still see us in the bottom of the league. Year 3, if all goes well, could be the year we really start to see things improving.

About the same except in basketball you can always get better in just one year with a great class. Especially in the "one & done" era where all the great teams are always reloading with newbies every year anyway and starting over. Football it does take two to three years just to build up starters & depth.

I think everyone is overreacting a little bit. Yes, we suck this year but missing Tariq and DuBose really hurts along with the fact that we have just got back to playing basketball after a month off. I think we will see a lot of improvement as the season goes on.

Back