Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 193

Thread: Kenneth Walker and Trey Rucker enter Transfer Portal

  1. #121
    I do think it's mainly Walker wanting more plays, a possible personality clash with Clawson, and not particularly fond of the O sets. That's enough to lead to a transfer.

  2. #122
    Until someone talks to KW3, everyone speculating on Walker's mindset is simply projecting their own biases about the WF program and claiming that mirrors Walker's reasoning. Maybe, he wants to be closer to his family; maybe he has a GF at another school; maybe, a family member has a strong connection to another school; maybe, he wants to go a bigger school; or wants to major in something unrelated to the WF curriculum.

  3. #123
    Primary OGB Benefactor
    BiffTannen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hill Valley
    Posts
    39,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    Until someone talks to KW3, everyone speculating on Walker's mindset is simply projecting their own biases about the WF program and claiming that mirrors Walker's reasoning. Maybe, he wants to be closer to his family; maybe he has a GF at another school; maybe, a family member has a strong connection to another school; maybe, he wants to go a bigger school; or wants to major in something unrelated to the WF curriculum.
    Sure, but you know as well as I that it's more than likely football or grades related and that when players start bringing up those other factors, it's usually a smokescreen for the football issues.

  4. #124
    Here are the number of players currently in the transfer portal for each ACC school, according to 247, while most have not announced, some have already picked their destination:

    BC: 6
    Clemson: 3 (one five star to Florida and two four stars)
    Duke: 8 (a DL to Michigan State, DL to Penn. State, DB to TT, two QBs)
    FSU: 11 (a DB to State, a DB to BC, a DL to State, WR to Indiana)
    GT: 12 (a DL to KY, WR to S. Carolina)
    L'ville: 10 (DB to UVA, DB to K State)
    Miami: 2
    State: 7 (including starting QB Bailey Hockman)
    UNC: 15 (including DB to ECU, OL to Arizona State)
    Pitt: 2
    Cuse: 9
    UVA: 7
    VT: 7 (including QB Hendon Hooker, and two 4 star OL to L'ville and WV)
    WF: 5 (KW3, Rucker, Kendral Flowers, Peyton Woulard and Isaiah Essissma)

    There are several schools with double digit players in the portal. TN may have the most with 17.

  5. #125
    Kenneth Walker to Michigan State

  6. #126
    (Not a parody)

  7. #127
    gross

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Resilient Deac View Post
    Kenneth Walker to Michigan State
    That's... weird.

  9. #129
    Ricky Peral TimmyClutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Being a Portu-guy
    Posts
    958
    That doesn’t seem to be closer to home. Guess we can scratch that one off the list.

  10. #130
    Steve Lepore
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    all around town
    Posts
    2,397
    Its cold up there.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Jroc25 View Post
    Must've made an impression on him at the bowl game last year.
    boorish ruffian

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyClutch View Post
    That doesn’t seem to be closer to home. Guess we can scratch that one off the list.
    Chalk one up for "bigger school, more exposure" opportunist argument
    (Not a parody)

  13. #133
    Michigan State seems like a poor choice. If there are complaints about the WF offense, the MSU offense was among the worst in college football. They averaged 18 points per game, 330 yards per game, 92 yards rushing per game and 2.7 per rush. FWIW, they play at Miami in September. It's way early, but based upon returning talent and 2021 schedule, reasonably confident that: a) WF will have a much better offense than MSU in 2021, b) have a much better team than MSU in 2021, c) have a much better offensive line than MSU in 2021.

    Also, if Walker is looking for more exposure, at least to start the year, no one is going to GAF about MSU football.

  14. #134
    What a totally bizarre choice. Talk about inexplicable.

  15. #135
    This may turn out to be an example where the free transfer rule actually hurts the student athlete.

    Will be interesting to see where things stand a year from now, but have hard time seeing how KW3 will be in a better position to seek an NFL career a year from now, and unless he is planning on spending his post college life in cities like Flint, I don't see how the move to MSU is going to put KW3 in a better position for life after football. Plus, KW3's chance to become the star of the Bachelor have plummeted.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    Here are the number of players currently in the transfer portal for each ACC school, according to 247, while most have not announced, some have already picked their destination:

    BC: 6
    Clemson: 3 (one five star to Florida and two four stars)
    Duke: 8 (a DL to Michigan State, DL to Penn. State, DB to TT, two QBs)
    FSU: 11 (a DB to State, a DB to BC, a DL to State, WR to Indiana)
    GT: 12 (a DL to KY, WR to S. Carolina)
    L'ville: 10 (DB to UVA, DB to K State)
    Miami: 2
    State: 7 (including starting QB Bailey Hockman)
    UNC: 15 (including DB to ECU, OL to Arizona State)
    Pitt: 2
    Cuse: 9
    UVA: 7
    VT: 7 (including QB Hendon Hooker, and two 4 star OL to L'ville and WV)
    WF: 5 (KW3, Rucker, Kendral Flowers, Peyton Woulard and Isaiah Essissma)

    There are several schools with double digit players in the portal. TN may have the most with 17.
    Wait, I thought we had a culture issue? This shows an alternate set of facts that we are the third best in the league regarding the portal leaves.

  17. #137
    I am more disappointed by Trey Rucker's departure. It would seem that he would have plenty of opportunity over the next 2 to 3 years, and we could use his athleticism and speed. His pic in the endzone against UNC last year was a thing of beauty. If you read between the lines it seems like Walker never embraced the role of also helping protect the QB on passing plays. I suspect Walker wore out some coaches' patience and that his departure is not unwelcomed.

  18. #138
    Who knows why kids do what they do? I mean Bzz and DM still got kids to come to Wake. If he was looking for a national spotlight I wouldn't think of MSU at this point in time.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by WRS View Post
    What a totally bizarre choice. Talk about inexplicable.
    so strange. I was looking to see if he had a Michigan State offer and Les had linked to another Kenneth Walker III from UCLA

    https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Ke...itRankHistory/

    did some searching and found his real profile, he did look at some other midwestern schools out of HS

    https://247sports.com/Player/Kenneth...school-216764/

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    Here are the number of players currently in the transfer portal for each ACC school, according to 247, while most have not announced, some have already picked their destination:

    BC: 6
    Clemson: 3 (one five star to Florida and two four stars)
    Duke: 8 (a DL to Michigan State, DL to Penn. State, DB to TT, two QBs)
    FSU: 11 (a DB to State, a DB to BC, a DL to State, WR to Indiana)
    GT: 12 (a DL to KY, WR to S. Carolina)
    L'ville: 10 (DB to UVA, DB to K State)
    Miami: 2
    State: 7 (including starting QB Bailey Hockman)
    UNC: 15 (including DB to ECU, OL to Arizona State)
    Pitt: 2
    Cuse: 9
    UVA: 7
    VT: 7 (including QB Hendon Hooker, and two 4 star OL to L'ville and WV)
    WF: 5 (KW3, Rucker, Kendral Flowers, Peyton Woulard and Isaiah Essissma)

    There are several schools with double digit players in the portal. TN may have the most with 17.
    In addition to this list, I think ND has 6 or so in the portal

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •