• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kenneth Walker and Trey Rucker enter Transfer Portal

I do think it's mainly Walker wanting more plays, a possible personality clash with Clawson, and not particularly fond of the O sets. That's enough to lead to a transfer.

Until someone talks to KW3, everyone speculating on Walker's mindset is simply projecting their own biases about the WF program and claiming that mirrors Walker's reasoning. Maybe, he wants to be closer to his family; maybe he has a GF at another school; maybe, a family member has a strong connection to another school; maybe, he wants to go a bigger school; or wants to major in something unrelated to the WF curriculum.

Until someone talks to KW3, everyone speculating on Walker's mindset is simply projecting their own biases about the WF program and claiming that mirrors Walker's reasoning. Maybe, he wants to be closer to his family; maybe he has a GF at another school; maybe, a family member has a strong connection to another school; maybe, he wants to go a bigger school; or wants to major in something unrelated to the WF curriculum.

Sure, but you know as well as I that it's more than likely football or grades related and that when players start bringing up those other factors, it's usually a smokescreen for the football issues.

Here are the number of players currently in the transfer portal for each ACC school, according to 247, while most have not announced, some have already picked their destination:

BC: 6
Clemson: 3 (one five star to Florida and two four stars)
Duke: 8 (a DL to Michigan State, DL to Penn. State, DB to TT, two QBs)
FSU: 11 (a DB to State, a DB to BC, a DL to State, WR to Indiana)
GT: 12 (a DL to KY, WR to S. Carolina)
L'ville: 10 (DB to UVA, DB to K State)
Miami: 2
State: 7 (including starting QB Bailey Hockman)
UNC: 15 (including DB to ECU, OL to Arizona State)
Pitt: 2
Cuse: 9
UVA: 7
VT: 7 (including QB Hendon Hooker, and two 4 star OL to L'ville and WV)
WF: 5 (KW3, Rucker, Kendral Flowers, Peyton Woulard and Isaiah Essissma)

There are several schools with double digit players in the portal. TN may have the most with 17.

Michigan State seems like a poor choice. If there are complaints about the WF offense, the MSU offense was among the worst in college football. They averaged 18 points per game, 330 yards per game, 92 yards rushing per game and 2.7 per rush. FWIW, they play at Miami in September. It's way early, but based upon returning talent and 2021 schedule, reasonably confident that: a) WF will have a much better offense than MSU in 2021, b) have a much better team than MSU in 2021, c) have a much better offensive line than MSU in 2021.

Also, if Walker is looking for more exposure, at least to start the year, no one is going to GAF about MSU football.

What a totally bizarre choice. Talk about inexplicable.

This may turn out to be an example where the free transfer rule actually hurts the student athlete.

Will be interesting to see where things stand a year from now, but have hard time seeing how KW3 will be in a better position to seek an NFL career a year from now, and unless he is planning on spending his post college life in cities like Flint, I don't see how the move to MSU is going to put KW3 in a better position for life after football. Plus, KW3's chance to become the star of the Bachelor have plummeted.

Here are the number of players currently in the transfer portal for each ACC school, according to 247, while most have not announced, some have already picked their destination:

There are several schools with double digit players in the portal. TN may have the most with 17.

Wait, I thought we had a culture issue? This shows an alternate set of facts that we are the third best in the league regarding the portal leaves.

I am more disappointed by Trey Rucker's departure. It would seem that he would have plenty of opportunity over the next 2 to 3 years, and we could use his athleticism and speed. His pic in the endzone against UNC last year was a thing of beauty. If you read between the lines it seems like Walker never embraced the role of also helping protect the QB on passing plays. I suspect Walker wore out some coaches' patience and that his departure is not unwelcomed.

Who knows why kids do what they do? I mean Bzz and DM still got kids to come to Wake. If he was looking for a national spotlight I wouldn't think of MSU at this point in time.

In addition to this list, I think ND has 6 or so in the portal

Back