• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kenneth Walker and Trey Rucker enter Transfer Portal

There is something seriously wrong with the culture at Wake Forest. Entirely too many kids, in both basketball and football, have looked for the exits in situations where kids at other schools wouldn't think about leaving.

Pretty bizarre with Roberson and several key seniors coming back that these guys would bolt. But whatever. Life as a Wake fan. Maybe they're just testing the waters and Clawson can convince them to stay.

I guess Rucker's afraid he can't take playing time back from Anderson. He flipped from Maryland to Wake and now he's in the portal two years later after a good freshman season and a broken foot this year.

We rescued a low 3-star Kenneth Walker from a college career at fucking Kent State, hand him the ball constantly, and this is the thanks we get ? He's a good back, but where the hell does he think he's going to play where he's going to be the focal point of the running game ? He's going to be the second or third option (or buried on the bench) at a "bigger" P5 school that can reel in 4-star and 5-star running backs every year. Or he can go play at fucking Akron or whatever.

I don't understand these kids.

I can't imagine where Walker could go that would be a better situation than Wake. Where is going to find another P5 school that will put him in the Top 10 in TDs while not getting beaten up too much?

Seemed a little petty that Clawson didn't put in Walker's name for All ACC team. Hopefully he had a discussion with KW when he wanted to opt out of the last two games that that would be a consequence so it wasn't just out of nowhere.

Wake will be playing in an FCS-like second tier in 20 years. “College” football will eventually be around 25-30 programs who’s schedules and divisions will be similar to the NFL. If top programs can now recruit away breakout talent from smaller programs, then what’s the point?

Wake would be better served to pay their athletes, develop them, and then sell their rights to bigger programs.

ah man, this sucks. Walker could have had just about every rushing record in the books for Wake. Can't say I'm surprised though, when players opt out in middle of season, then they obviously have something on their mind that is not team related.

Wake will be playing in an FCS-like second tier in 20 years. “College” football will eventually be around 25-30 programs who’s schedules and divisions will be similar to the NFL. If top programs can now recruit away breakout talent from smaller programs, then what’s the point?

Wake would be better served to pay their athletes, develop them, and then sell their rights to bigger programs.

I don't think any of this will happen. Transfers are incredibly common now in college football and basketball, mainly because the rules have been loosened. And plenty of players leave "big time" programs. Joe Burrow, Justin Fields, Kyler Murray, Jalen Hurts, etc. I think 3 of the 4 Heisman finalists last year were transfers!

Hopefully Walker takes the Kendall Hinton route and decides to stay at Wake. What does Wake have, about 15 NFL players if you count the practice squads? I can't think of a single Wake player that transferred away under Clawson and then made the NFL. Am I missing someone?

If this happens then we’ll be there with about 50 other current P5 programs. There are like 6-8 “haves” right now. I’m fine letting those 6-8 do their own thing.

I don't think any of this will happen. Transfers are incredibly common now in college football and basketball, mainly because the rules have been loosened. And plenty of players leave "big time" programs. Joe Burrow, Justin Fields, Kyler Murray, Jalen Hurts, etc. I think 3 of the 4 Heisman finalists last year were transfers!

Hopefully Walker takes the Kendall Hinton route and decides to stay at Wake. What does Wake have, about 15 NFL players if you count the practice squads? I can't think of a single Wake player that transferred away under Clawson and then made the NFL. Am I missing someone?

Looking at Walker though, he is a starter looking to trade up to a bigger name school, something that isn't as common in the transfer portal. None of those 4 heisman finalists were to be starters at the their old school (Mayfield would be the exception).

The most similar situation and the guy who is likely to make the NFL after transferring away from Clawson, would be Newman.

Looking at Walker though, he is a starter looking to trade up to a bigger name school, something that isn't as common in the transfer portal. None of those 4 heisman finalists were to be starters at the their old school (Mayfield would be the exception).

The most similar situation and the guy who is likely to make the NFL after transferring away from Clawson, would be Newman.

technically Walker isn't a starter either

Man, KW is such a good back this sucks. I never understood why CBS and KW virtually split carries given the significant discrepancy in their abilities.

Back