Page 17 of 70 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 1393

Thread: 2021 Republican Coup (Attempt?)

  1. #321
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,297
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeBored View Post
    It’s kind of unseemly for a MOD to turn into a shitposter, but you do you.
    LK was a both sider for years. He used to call me out for saying Republicans had no values except power. It’s significant that he’s calling you out.

  2. #322

  3. #323

  4. #324
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    Someone is getting a phone thrown at their head.

  5. #325
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,297

    2021 Republican Coup (Attempt?)

    Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    “Three senior GOP aides piled furniture against the door and tried to move stealthily, worried that the intruders would discover them inside. In waves, the door to the hall heaved as rioters punched and kicked it. The crowd yelled “Stop the steal!” Some chanted menacingly, referring to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi: “Where’s Nancy? Where’s Nancy?””

    Republicans are so afraid of their own base. I wouldn’t be surprised if some GOP aides gave directions to Pelosi’s office.

  6. #326
    There base it’s pure crazy town. Every single thing is a grand conspiracy, even now the shutting down of their shitty accounts and parler is the darkness before the light, and the elites must be afraid of something big coming. It’s like yeah they are afraid you fucking psychos are going to continue to coordinate domestic terrorism.

  7. #327
    I love mankind...it’s people I can’t stand!!

  8. #328
    Banhammer'd
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    78,116
    All the Capitol Police in that video should be fired and their pensions taken away.

  9. #329
    Banhammer'd
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    78,116
    We need a federal law against domestic terrorism with same penalties as international crimes. Domestic terrorism has no definition in the US criminal code.

  10. #330
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Gossett Jr View Post
    There base it’s pure crazy town. Every single thing is a grand conspiracy, even now the shutting down of their shitty accounts and parler is the darkness before the light, and the elites must be afraid of something big coming. It’s like yeah they are afraid you fucking psychos are going to continue to coordinate domestic terrorism.
    On realclearpolitics many of the right-wing articles have adopted a new strategy. After making a few sad comments about the insurrection (along with the inevitable swipes at "hypocritical" Democrats for defending the "lawless BLM riots that caused far more property damage" while currently criticizing the Capitol Hill rioters), they give dire warnings about a "far greater" danger to the Republic, which is Big Tech censoring and banning Trump from Twitter, Facebook, and other social media. Apparently the "unfortunate" attack on the Capitol has paved the way for LibDems to begin their final assault on Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press by banning all conservatives from their precious Twitter, Facebook, and other social media accounts, which they are surely entitled to as Real American citizens, dammit! We just can't let our birthright to say any crap whatsoever, no matter how false or malicious or threatening or incendiary, be taken away by private corporations which possess every legal right to regulate the content on their platforms! Just forget about this clear coup attempt on our nation's capital and government - we're getting banned from Twitter and that is far more serious!

  11. #331
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    We need a federal law against domestic terrorism with same penalties as international crimes. Domestic terrorism has no definition in the US criminal code.
    Seems like something that would be horribly abused by the GOP. There’s plenty of laws already on the books to handle this stuff if you enforce them.

  12. #332
    The militia was outside the Kentucky statehouse looking for McConnell. Going to be interesting to see how Pence, McConnell & Graham deal with the crazies now targeting them.

  13. #333
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,297
    Leaders of Leopards Eating Faces Party Fear Leopards Eating Faces

  14. #334
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    https://www.businessinsider.com/pent...ntiT9bn_RET2xs

    The Pentagon blocked the DC National Guard from receiving riot gear or interacting with protesters without explicit approval from Trump's defense secretary


    "In the days before Trump supporters' insurrection, the Department of Defense placed major limitations on the tactics, equipment, and resources the DC National Guard could make use of in dealing with rioters, The Washington Post reported Thursday.

    Pentagon officials sent memos on January 4 and 5 barring DC guardsmen from receiving ammo and riot gear, engaging with protesters (except for self-defense), sharing equipment with local police, and using surveillance or air assets without explicit approval from President Donald Trump's acting Defense Secretary, Christopher Miller, according to The Post."
    You know that this limitation on the role of the guardsmen was requested by Bowser, right? She didn’t like the optics of having armed guardsmen interacting with the public, as had been done over the summer, so they were relegated to logistics, like traffic control.

  15. #335
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,297
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeBored View Post
    You know that this limitation on the role of the guardsmen was requested by Bowser, right? She didn’t like the optics of having armed guardsmen interacting with the public, as had been done over the summer, so they were relegated to logistics, like traffic control.
    There are literally thousands of white Republicans, mostly men, to blame for this and Junebug finds a way to pin it on one Black woman.

  16. #336
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    There are literally thousands of white Republicans, mostly men, to blame for this and Junebug finds a way to pin it on one Black woman.
    I thought he was making a Mario reference and I was just too dumb to figure out the correction.

  17. #337
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    46,053
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    George Soros really going for it these days

  18. #338
    For all this talk from Republican politicians about the time is now (Jimgrobenodding.gif) for unity, what do they think their favorite president is going to do over the next few days?

  19. #339
    Never Murdered My FIL
    Deacfreak07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    65,763
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    For all this talk from Republican politicians about the time is now (Jimgrobenodding.gif) for unity, what do they think their favorite president is going to do over the next few days?
    It’s a wild argument that will probably work for them unfortunately. The argument is essentially “but you’re democrats. You’re supposed to overcome our rhetoric and unity the country”. It’s the same as the “but you’re supposed to get us out of our deficit” argument.

  20. #340
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    It’s a wild argument that will probably work for them unfortunately. The argument is essentially “but you’re democrats. You’re supposed to overcome our rhetoric and unity the country”. It’s the same as the “but you’re supposed to get us out of our deficit” argument.
    It's the same argument that many conservatives have been making about Trump and his antics for four years. I remember in 2017 watching Danielle Pletka on Meet the Press say that Trump's rhetoric was just entertainment and a way to get attention and that it was up to Democrats to be "the adult in the room" and either ignore or overlook it. So Republicans can be the spoiled brat child who can rant and rave and expect to be enabled, while Democrats should be held to a double standard and stay quiet and never respond. It's infuriating.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •