• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Republican Coup (Practice Run)

I'm not exactly sure how this works. Apparently, Parler is housed in the Apple App Store. If they are truly on Apple's server and Apple bans them and takes them off that server, will that info and site still exist? Will it still be usable? Will they have to go to another hosting service?

Parler likely pays some other third party for server hosting (I doubt they maintain their own servers). So Apple can ban them from the app store and the app can become unsupported on iOS, but it wouldn't shut down Parler and data wouldn't be lost. Users would still be able to access Parler via their web browser of choice.

Thanks

How about this question-

The 14th Amendment, Section 3 says:

"No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability."

Cruz, Hawley and the 121 Members of the House have clearly "engaged in insurrection or rebellion". Thus, they should not be allowed to be in our government.

Do they really believe the letter of the law as written in the Constitution?

Here's the full video, which I found interesting

In the arena of you can't make the best shit up and karma, a Georgia woman was trampled to death at the Capitol. There are pictures of her before that holding and waving a banner that said, "Don't Tread on Me."

The woman who was shot and killed had recently retweeted “The penalty for treason is death.”

Thanks

How about this question-

The 14th Amendment, Section 3 says:

"No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability."

Cruz, Hawley and the 121 Members of the House have clearly "engaged in insurrection or rebellion". Thus, they should not be allowed to be in our government.

Do they really believe the letter of the law as written in the Constitution?

Why bother with the 14th Amendment when they should all be in jail for felony murder?

When people start going to jail for long periods of time, because they supported him, the numbers will likely start falling.

no, it will only embolden these idiots that Trump is the only solution

When people start going to jail for long periods of time, because they supported him, I think the numbers will likely start falling despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Fify. Manafort, Stone, Flynn, etc. all went to jail for supporting him and Trump’s grip on the GOP only got stronger. I think that we should not consider the threat that Trump poses to the Republic as dead until Trump himself is dead.

If Trump goes to jail and another 100+ people go to jail over the coup, a lot of people will run away. He will still have followers, but if he goes to jail, it will only be the whackjobs.

100 people going to jail isn't going to put a dent in his 80 million thralls

Back