• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Republican Coup (Practice Run)

That's the thing. Someone needs to sit him down and insist that he get an expert to draft the pardons as well as they can be. We know he's scared of jail, and I'm guessing his kids are as well. I gotta think their survival instincts will take over at some point because they have to know some criminal prosecutions are coming. At least a pardon gets you out of all the potential federal charges, and after yesterday, Don and Junior need to fear federal charges more than ever.

I hope someone in the Garland DOJ looks into whether all of Trump's pardons to supporters were an ongoing obstruction of justice and conspiracy. If so, all the pardons can be voided.

Trump now has to pardon himself and his family for all federal crimes they may have committed. And he should get a constitutional expert to write it up in a way that it passes muster, not Rudy.

Maybe he can get Mark Levin or Junebored to write it.

i think we're fucked. yeah, biden won and the dems have the senate for a few years but Q/trumpm fascism is not going away. The intense process of denazifying Germany took a concerted cultural/legal effort over like a decade after WWII

I actually don't think we are totally screwed... yes, the crazies have cranked it to 11, but the Q/conspiracy people seem to cannibalize themselves when someone doesn't keep drinking the kool-aid.

The crazier they get (which they will), the more people will leave, and they will in fact, be reduced to nothing.

Her last tweet is dead on.

Biden’s Justice Department needs to come down hard and round up these fuckers. There need to be consequences for this or else our country is utterly fucked.

Agreed. As long as there are no real consequences for these people, they're just going to get worse. There is no doubt that many of these people are thrilled with what happened yesterday, and so are many people watching at home. The double standard here is enormous. The images of the BLM march on DC over the summer and the heavy police and military response, and then this, is simply striking. As long as these Trumpites (and Republican politicians generally) face no consequences for their words and actions it will never stop, and will likely get worse and worse. You appease a bully and they grow bolder.

Let's not forget that the same damn movements tried to kidnap a Governor this summer.

All of them post their crimes to Parler which requires a social security number and a photo ID like a license or passport to post on. The FBI couldn't ask for an easier time identifying who these people are.

lol at Mick Mulvaney resigning.

I think the first draft included- I've kissed his ass, covered his crimes for years, but now that I'll lose my job in two weeks, I quit on moral grounds.

Welcome back. It’s cool to get good posters from schools we play.

I actually don't think we are totally screwed... yes, the crazies have cranked it to 11, but the Q/conspiracy people seem to cannibalize themselves when someone doesn't keep drinking the kool-aid.

The crazier they get (which they will), the more people will leave, and they will in fact, be reduced to nothing.

despite all evidence to the contrary

My optimistic self thinks that it took a singularly shitty person like Trump to stir this up- like a once in a generation type shitbird a la Hilter, and now things will quiet down a bit now.

Back