• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Republican Coup (Practice Run)

My optimistic self thinks that it took a singularly shitty person like Trump to stir this up- like a once in a generation type shitbird a la Hilter, and now things will quiet down a bit now.

Trump isn’t going anywhere. Neither are they.

Yeah, I don't disagree- just my optimistic side talking. My hope is that since they will no longer have the actual President of the United States giving them active cover/emboldening for all their bullshit and that the Biden admin will actually crackdown on the jackassery that things will quiet down a bit.

the House Sgt at Arms is resigning. Pelosi called on the Capitol Police Chief to resign. Said she hasn't heard from him after yesterday's events, which seems inexcusable.

lol at Mick Mulvaney resigning.

On MSNBC (I think it was MSNBC) they were discussing this, and somebody said that Mulvaney had mentioned that others in the administration were grappling with their conscience and wanted to leave, but were "torn" because of their fear that somebody even worse might replace them. What a load of BS, especially at this late date. They know how it is going to look on a resume or in history that they served in this administration, so they want to save face by bravely resigning (or at least putting out the word that they can't resign because somebody worse will replace them.) Lord.

Hopefully the rioters are quietly being investigated, because anyone who is NAMED in the press will certainly get a pardon before 1/20. Then mass arrests on 1/21.

Indeed. While I have no doubt that the great majority of the country is horrified by this, including a good many Republicans, there's no doubt that a big chunk of Trump's base - probably one-quarter to one-third of the nation - are delighted by what happened yesterday. It's the fulfillment of their dreams - they took over the Capitol from those wussy coastal elites and scared the shit out of them and put them on notice that Trump supporters are JUST FED UP with all their crooked bullshit! They'll likely be bolder and more "out and proud" than ever after this, no matter what the other two-thirds to three-fourths of the country thinks and says.

Hopefully the rioters are quietly being investigated, because anyone who is NAMED in the press will certainly get a pardon before 1/20. Then mass arrests on 1/21.

I wouldn't say 1/21. But I'm sure they will be 1 of the first groups a Garland DOJ will be investigating. There is a lot of footage to go through, so I imagine it'll take a while. But I do expect and hope to see arrests and prosecutions of those who breached the building and/or committed other crimes. Imagine how surprised Elizabeth will be when she's arrested. I hope someone videotapes the event for posterity.

Can Trump be removed by the 25th Amendment (to have him removed quickly), and then impeach him afterward just so he cannot run for office again? Can you impeach a President who is not sitting?

Can Trump be removed by the 25th Amendment (to have him removed quickly), and then impeach him afterward just so he cannot run for office again? Can you impeach a President who is not sitting?

No, impeachment is a political process of removing a government official. They could 25th amendment Trump, but they're not going to. They're just going to baby sit him for 2 weeks and give him the Nixon treatment he had in his last few weeks.

Talked with a friend about this last night who spent time as a public defender in DC. His take was that, in theory, Trump could pardon these folks of any federal crimes, but because of some jurisdictional cross overs between the feds and DC, it would be super easy to bring charges against these shitbirds in DC.

Other than that, he also noted that he's glad he's not doing PD work in DC anymore since he almost definitely would have had to represent some of these morons in court.

Talked with a friend about this last night who spent time as a public defender in DC. His take was that, in theory, Trump could pardon these folks of any federal crimes, but because of some jurisdictional cross overs between the feds and DC, it would be super easy to bring charges against these shitbirds in DC.

Other than that, he also noted that he's glad he's not doing PD work in DC anymore since he almost definitely would have had to represent some of these morons in court.

Can you pardon nameless persons? I mean, we won't have all of their names within 2 weeks, and we don't yet know Elizabeth's last name. There is probably more than 1 Elizabeth in Nashville.

No, impeachment is a political process of removing a government official. They could 25th amendment Trump, but they're not going to. They're just going to baby sit him for 2 weeks and give him the Nixon treatment he had in his last few weeks.

Thanks for clarifying. I was wishing him out now and to not be able to run again. Oh well.

Can you pardon nameless persons? I mean, we won't have all of their names within 2 weeks, and we don't yet know Elizabeth's last name. There is probably more than 1 Elizabeth in Nashville.

I wouldn't even arrest anyone until Biden is in office just for this reason.

I’m sure she’d give up her last name for a Trump pardon.

"I thought she was reaching for a weapon. It happened so fast, I didn't have time to turn on my camera." Doesn't work for you?

No. I want the camera with audio to capture her arrest for posterity. If she thought they didn't have the right to mace her, just imagine the level of surprise at her arrest. She already brilliantly admitted to the commission of a crime. I'm hoping that guy in MD is just the start of a lot of folks losing jobs in the coming months.

Back