• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Republican Coup (Practice Run)

my employee's boyfriend is in the PA natl. guard; mobilizing tomorrow to move to DC for the next three weeks

Some sobering thoughts based on the photos coming out of this. The idea is that there were two groups. Group 1 is the rubes and Group 2 were on a mission. Group 1 was cover for Group 2. Group 1 didn't know what to do when they got inside. Group 2 didn't realize Group 1 and reporters would be taking pictures and video of breaking into a federal building.

This picture illustrates the difference.

What happened to Republicans like John Danforth, Everett Dirksen, Bill Proxmire, Howard Baker?

dude with the zip ties has a TN Thin Blue Line patch -- a cop from there? seems like all police forces in the state should be examined for who was on PTO (or administrative leave??) on Wednesday.

Some sobering thoughts based on the photos coming out of this. The idea is that there were two groups. Group 1 is the rubes and Group 2 were on a mission. Group 1 was cover for Group 2. Group 1 didn't know what to do when they got inside. Group 2 didn't realize Group 1 and reporters would be taking pictures and video of breaking into a federal building.

This picture illustrates the difference.

Group 3: foreign agents

Murkowski has been going deeper and deeper into being anti-GOP. There are definitely things I don't like about her, but she might be able to be turned if the GOP doesn't hold Hawley, Cruz and others accountable.

dude with the zip ties has a TN Thin Blue Line patch -- a cop from there? seems like all police forces in the state should be examined for who was on PTO (or administrative leave??) on Wednesday.

They should be able to track their cell phone location, right? I think that's a cell phone on his chest.

This may have already been posted but this video is fucking infuriating.

Police forces across the US need to be investigated.

If anyone wants to see what happens when a police force gets politicized, check out a book from the library on the Weimar Republic.

Or watch Babylon Berlin on Netflix for the cliff notes.

Murkowski has been going deeper and deeper into being anti-GOP. There are definitely things I don't like about her, but she might be able to be turned if the GOP doesn't hold Hawley, Cruz and others accountable.

Since you asked: https://www.adn.com/politics/2021/01/08/alaska-sen-lisa-murkowski-calls-on-president-trump-to-resign-questions-her-future-as-a-republican/

" But I will tell you, if the Republican Party has become nothing more than the party of Trump, I sincerely question whether this is the party for me,” she said."

Also: "Murkowski said she is speaking frequently with U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin, D-West Virginia, who is the most conservative Democrat in the Senate and will be a key vote on many Senate actions.

“We’ve talked a lot. In fact, my 3 o’clock call is with Joe and with a bipartisan group of colleagues that are really concerned about where we are, and how we move forward,” she said.

“I think I am including myself as part of a group of members that wants to work to try to bring things together in the Senate and wants to try to get some business done. And this is going to be a (Biden) administration where I’m going to be disagreeing with where they’re taking us on a lot of issues and policy, but I would like to think that we’re never going to question their fidelity to the oath of office,”

trump's twitter account suspended

twitter should have done this four fucking years ago - and plenty of reasons to do so along the way

timing is interesting/sus

my employee's boyfriend is in the PA natl. guard; mobilizing tomorrow to move to DC for the next three weeks

No doubt there will be a very heavy police and troop presence in DC until the end the month. If the insurrectionists return for the inaugural they'll find a much larger, better-organized and equipped force awaiting them. Whether that is enough to prevent more violence is anybody's guess.

No doubt there will be a very heavy police and troop presence in DC until the end the month. If the insurrectionists return for the inaugural they'll find a much larger, better-organized and equipped force awaiting them. Whether that is enough to prevent more violence is anybody's guess.

In a perfect place to complete trumps plans

Back