• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Republican Coup (Practice Run)

Now that Democrats are about to assume the offices of POTUS and VP, it's nice to see that conservative media is back to covering the really important things about our leaders, like their fashion style, or supposed lack thereof. Less than a week after Trumpites tried to overthrow the government, Fox News has a story today about how the latest Vogue cover of Kamala Harris has sparked a "social media frenzy" and been "widely criticized" for her lack of clothing style and the "washed out" look of the photo. The horror! I mean, which is worse, Trump's coup attempt or Obama wearing a tan suit? Pence believing in the benefits of gay conversion therapy or Kamala wearing sneakers in a magazine cover photo? History will decide, I guess.

76Lj.gif

I mean, there’s potentially a place/time for insurrection, etc.

The maddening thing is this pent up anger is built on a foundation of utter dishonest fear mongering. One that started long before Trump’s rise. He merely coopted the Republican Party’s rule-by-delusion strategy, rightly recognizing they were primed for further deception only slightly altered to tack in the direction of personal loyalty to a dear leader standing in the breach against such horrors as modernism, globalism, science, facts, truth, and reality.

Oh, and rapists from Mehico.

Nothing you have posted refutes that point, nor does the fact that Bowser is Black.

I couldn't care less about the Mayor's race. The point is that the security detail wasn't influenced by the hue of the protestors. It was determined by the optics of having armed guardsmen interacting with the public.

In typical lawyer fashion, junebug uses an excessive amount of words to prove how dumb and partisan his opinions are, when the first few words seem to always do the trick.

This video is insane and mandatory viewing for every American in my opinion, particularly any who have the power to vote on impeachment and removal.

Trump has to go. He beat the drum for this. This is Benghazi on the US Capitol building done by Americans against Americans.

I see the problem. I’m just not sure I see a way out.

Congress should impeach him and forbid him from ever holding a public office again. If Congress doesn’t do that, I’m not sure what else can be done. I’m uneasy with the prospect of putting a former president in jail, although, given what he did on 1/6, I might be more open to the idea than I once was. But even if I could get comfortable with that in theory, I worry about finding a jury of 12 people who will convict him, and a hung jury will just embolden him. Practically speaking, I don’t know what else can be done if impeachment doesn’t happen.

Start by acknowledging that words are important, and the entire Republican Party needs to put the lies to fucking rest. Stop stoking the flames of bullshit. We need more John McCains standing up to republicans like that woman at his rally.

In typical lawyer fashion, junebug uses an excessive amount of words to prove how dumb and partisan his opinions are, when the first few words seem to always do the trick.

In typical physician fashion, you're a prick.

For some Republicans, it’s time to head for the exits

Jennifer Rubin...a little late to recognize Republican rot. But better late than never.

The GOP has literally spent decades creating this monster via the "Southern Strategy", racial code words (as Lee Atwater himself wrote before he died) and ads like the Willie Horton ad in the 1988 presidential campaign, and then the explosive growth in the 90s of Fox News, Limbaugh and his "dittoheads", and finally all of these (until now mostly unregulated) social media platforms. As others have posted they built their own Frankenstein monster and now they can't control it and it's coming after them as well as their opponents.

Just this morning the young GOP Congressman from Illinois who has turned against Trump was on ABC's This Week and said that one of the reasons that so many of his GOP House and Senate colleagues won't confront Trump is pure fear of their own constituents turning on them, not only to primary them but actual death threats and physical danger. He showed little sympathy and said that if they were afraid to take a stand in the current situation then maybe they needed to find another line of work. I do think we've reached a point at which this is consuming their party in real time, and I don't think the base is going away, nor is Trump going away short of impeachment and removal from office so that he can't run again. Even with the social media bans he'll find some way to reach his adoring fans, and they'll gladly follow along.

There is alot that people like Junebug can do.

Leave the GOP. There are alot of moderate democrats that will work with reasonable people across the aisle to get things done.

The GOP has become delusional in its thirst for power. Oppressive when it is in control. Obsessed with trying to maintain control with minority support. Totally intrigant when it is not in power. The logical next step was full on fascism and no regard for the legitimacy of its political opponents.

It isn't like this hasn't been clear.

So if you are a patriot, the logical step is to do the right thing and clean out the GOP by leaving it. Most of the policy fears are just overblown scare tactics by the GOP anyway.

Having some fantasy that the GOP isn't going to pay any political price and that a cynical coward like Nikki Haley who snuggled up to trumpism is going to be the next president isn't going to solve anything.

Last edited:
I agree. That’s implicit in my saying Congress should impeach and remove him.

No it isn’t. They need to do a lot more than just impeach. They need to squash that arm of their party. Many are still looking for support from it.

Back