• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Republican Coup (Practice Run)

Good tweets. Democrats trust institutions (e.g. media, education, law enforcement) and believe in their permanence so much that they won’t defend them when they need to be defended or criticize them when they need to be criticized. That allows Republicans to use their carrots and sticks to influence those institutions.

Nah. It's not just him. The weakness and deference are systematic and have been that way for years.

Agreed, it's not a new point, but we desperately need leadership that has some grasp of the current political and media landscape.

Is it just leadership? Are there Democrats who are handling this correctly?

Is it just leadership? Are there Democrats who are handling this correctly?

Eric Swalwell is pretty good at it. Also, Republicans are strangely silent about this magistrate getting death threats when they lost their fucking minds over Kavanaugh.

Love it. It directly addresses GOP talking points. Garland may have baited them into making the case to unseal these documents. Trump publicized it. Republicans are calling for DOJ to explain the warrant. They can't really backtrack on wanting an explanation.

Love it. It directly addresses GOP talking points. Garland may have baited them into making the case to unseal these documents. Trump publicized it. Republicans are calling for DOJ to explain the warrant. They can't really backtrack on wanting an explanation.

There's a reason Trump isn't releasing the warrant and receipt. Either it's so boring that it's a nothing burger or it looks really bad.

There's a reason Trump isn't releasing the warrant and receipt. Either it's so boring that it's a nothing burger or it looks really bad.

Oh definitely.

And now Trump can challenge in court the unsealing of the nothingburger witch hunt warrant. Or let the American people see that’s what it is.

NYT article today said
“Some senior Republicans have been warned by allies of Trump not to continue to be aggressive in criticizing the Justice Department and the FBI over the matter because it is possible that more damaging information about Trump related to the search will eventually become public”

donnie jenius' team has until 3 pm tomorrow to file an objection if they intend to.

Pretty terrifying stuff from who I’m sure will be the latest conservative hero.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/cops-...-up-to-fbi-field-office-in-kenwood-cincinnati

““People, this is it,” the account posted. “I hope a call to arms comes from someone better qualified, but if not, this is your call to arms from me. Leave work tomorrow as soon as the gun shop/Army-Navy store/pawn shop opens, get whatever you need to be ready for combat. We must not tolerate this one.””

Imagine going to the Army-Navy store to take up arms against the federal government.

“After announcing his “call to arms” Tuesday, a user asked Shiffer if he was “proposing terrorism?” Shiffer’s account replied, “No, I am proposing war.”

“Be ready to kill the enemy, not mass shootings where leftists go, not lighting busses on fire with transexuals in them, not finding people with lefist signs in their yards and beating them up,” the post said. “Violence is not (all) terrorism. Kill the F.B.I. on sight, and be ready to take down other active enemies of the people and those who try to prevent you from doing it.””

They closed down I-71 due to the manhunt for this idiot.

Back