• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Republican Coup (Practice Run)

Listening to these Capital officers testify at congress today and it is amazing that they did not start shooting the rioters. The crowd were screaming death threats, tazering officers, Macing officers, beating them with bats….it’s fucking wild that only one protester was shot and killed.

Seriously. Some of this testimony is the most racist and horrid shit I’ve ever heard.

Fuck anyone who still downplays the events of January 6th. And fuck anyone who still supports Trump after January 6th.

Listening to these Capital officers testify at congress today and it is amazing that they did not start shooting the rioters. The crowd were screaming death threats, tazering officers, Macing officers, beating them with bats….it’s fucking wild that only one protester was shot and killed.

It’s not amazing. The rioters were white. This country view white anger and violence as legitimate.

But remember, according the second-ranking Republican in the House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi bears much of the blame for this, and according to many Trumpites the rioters were either just good Real Americans protesting for their rights and freedoms and such, or Antifa members in disguise trying to embarrass Trump supporters! Seriously, it's pretty obvious why Republicans tried their best to torpedo these hearings.

It’s not amazing. The rioters were white. This country view white anger and violence as legitimate.

Ok, maybe amazing is the wrong word, but this is exactly what I was trying to highlight in my post. The officers' lives were definitely threatened and virtually none of them resorted to responding with violence. Part of that could have been an assessment of the situation (i.e., being wildly out numbered, uncertainty on the number of deadly weapons in the crowd, fear and further angering the crowd), but it is hard to ignore the disparity of the way the George Floyd incident played out and how quickly officers pulled their guns vs this setting.

For anyone wondering how right-wing social media sites are dealing with these hearings, here's a small sample:

Last edited:
Republicans don’t believe the eye witness testimony of a cop when he witnessed their racism.

I had a 3 hour drive earlier and listened to every bit of it. Unnerving testimonies. It’s heartbreaking how cruel, racist, violent and ignorant a good portion of this country is in 2021.

I hate to break it to that asshole who claimed that there was not "a lick of evidence". Officer Dunn's testimony about what names he was called id FUCKIN' EVIDENCE!

I had a 3 hour drive earlier and listened to every bit of it. Unnerving testimonies. It’s heartbreaking how cruel, racist, violent and ignorant a good portion of this country is in 2021.

And they have disproportionate power in this country because it was formed by and for cruel, racist, violent, and ignorant people.

I never wanted to believe that ph, but it is now so obviously true. The myth of "American greatness" is just that. A myth.

There is American greatness but it’s not what we are taught it is. We actually know very little overall about the people who fought against the racism, cruelty, violence, and ignorance because they believed this country could be something better. They lived, fought, and died to form a true multiracial democracy where anyone could succeed regardless of the color of their skin, their heritage, how much money their parents had, whatever.

There is American greatness but it’s not what we are taught it is. We actually know very little overall about the people who fought against the racism, cruelty, violence, and ignorance because they believed this country could be something better. They lived, fought, and died to form a true multiracial democracy where anyone could succeed regardless of the color of their skin, their heritage, how much money their parents had, whatever.

Not only do we not know enough about them as a society, the white nationalist political party, that controls a lot of state legislatures, is now passing laws to make the information less accessible to school children.

Well said.

Back