• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: WF @ Duke - Noon Saturday ACCN

Love the effort. Whitt is gonna be good. Neath will transfer. Need to find a big for next year. Again, love Steve Forbes. Johnson should playmore.

Whitt is showing some promise but so did Neath last year, including back to back 16 point games at GA Tech and Duke. It would be disappointing if the Neath situation doesn’t improve b/c he has shown an ability to get into the lane against ACC opponents and he can compete athletically in the league. He won’t ever be a great shooter but you would think a good coach can get more out of him than we’re seeing.

Johnson seems like he has an issue with confidence. I think he could be a pretty good player, but his body language just doesn’t seem good right now.

Three games in which we were overmatched on the road. We did a little better in each one. I’ll take it.

This season is gravy. Give Whitt his run. Man I am excited about where we are heading.

Yep. Watch every game this season through this lens and hopefully we'll catch a few fun wins in the back half of the season.

Deacs played well for 28 minutes then ran out of gas. Ball movement disappeared, rebounding went from bad to worse and shots quit falling. Fouls kept Oguama off the floor. Mucius forgot his offense. Antonio, Neath, Wilkins and Johnson were not factors. Whitt given a lesson regarding high D1 basketball. Massoud and Williamson productive.

This team needs production from everyone to remain competitive in games. The lack of talent makes that difficult. It also means that the players with talent must remain on the floor and stay engaged. There is progress but much remains to be improved.

I’ll tell you something else that’s the truth. Unlike what we’ve had over those last 20 years, losing is not ok with Currie & Forbes. It’s an uphill fight to overcome our home gym, but they are going to die trying. And when they figure out that it won’t work, they will fix that problem too. We got the right guys now. Finally.

Lol at calling that offensive foul on Ody. Duke does that 10-15 times per game.

Thought so too but replay showed Ody hooked his head and shoulder pretty good. I am so pleased with him embracing 3-4 basic post moves and working them diligently. He has come a ways from the raw effort and hustle bunny early last year.

Also, Ish is incredibly soft. I’m glad he can shoot or whatever, but he’s a net loss on the defensive end.

Thought he forced some shots late when got tired late playing inside more for Ody but very pleased with his rebounding all day.

Johnson seems like he has an issue with confidence. I think he could be a pretty good player, but his body language just doesn’t seem good right now.

Was glad to see him hit the second half 3 but he has been absent effort wise since the return. Hope it kicks in to give us more threats.

They may not win a bunch of games, but at least this team is watchable. Couldn't say that the last 10 years.

Three games in which we were overmatched on the road. We did a little better in each one. I’ll take it.

Never thought I would feel optimistic about an 0-3 Conference start but effort and evolving awareness are so apparent.

Also, Ish is incredibly soft. I’m glad he can shoot or whatever, but he’s a net loss on the defensive end.

He's playing dramatically out of position. If we had some size, he'd be playing SG/SF not center and some PF. You can't get much more different.

They may not win a bunch of games, but at least this team is watchable. Couldn't say that the last 10 years.

I’m as excited about Forbes as anyone but it’s a stretch to call this watchable. Not being negative just the reality of the hole Forbes inherited.

I feel the best about our basketball program I have in a long time. Forbes is going to get it done, just needs time and talent.

Back