• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: WF @ Duke - Noon Saturday ACCN

I watched Coach’s postgame press conference, and was once again convinced that this program is going in the right direction.

Never thought I would feel optimistic about an 0-3 Conference start but effort and evolving awareness are so apparent.

Just watched the DVR'd game and had this exact thought. Weird that I can say I feel pretty good at 0-3. After the GT game we looked like we were the last place team as predicted but these last two games against better competition leave me to believe we are going to win our share against the bottom and shock someone.

He's playing dramatically out of position. If we had some size, he'd be playing SG/SF not center and some PF. You can't get much more different.

You think he could guard the 2?

Just watched the DVR'd game and had this exact thought. Weird that I can say I feel pretty good at 0-3. After the GT game we looked like we were the last place team as predicted but these last two games against better competition leave me to believe we are going to win our share against the bottom and shock someone.

Might as well start and get in the W column at home against lewisville wed afternoon. :thumbsup:

You think he could guard the 2?

Some he could because of his length. Again, everyone doesn't have to be Josh Howard on D. Lots of shooters aren't excellent defenders. But trying cover people in the post harms both sides of our team.

Really miss Dubose Love Williamson. We tired out with Neath on the bench Defensive rotations are much better this year. We actually have some help defense. Ball movement on offense much better as well. We have a well coached team. Forbes also gives it to the refs and players when he needs to. Manning was always clueless in that regard.

This team may have the least talent of any of the last 10 years. But they’re coached well.

Really miss Dubose Love Williamson. We tired out with Neath on the bench Defensive rotations are much better this year. We actually have some help defense. Ball movement on offense much better as well. We have a well coached team. Forbes also gives it to the refs and players when he needs to. Manning was always clueless in that regard.

Kept getting killed on the offensive glass but surprised Antonio didn't play more in second half.

Kept getting killed on the offensive glass but surprised Antonio didn't play more in second half.

One thing we don't know about is the conditioning and basketball fitness of the guys. Reports were that everybody was infected. We know two guys were significantly affected. Others may have lesser residual issues.

One thing we don't know about is the conditioning and basketball fitness of the guys. Reports were that everybody was infected. We know two guys were significantly affected. Others may have lesser residual issues.

Plus I think Jonas has been battling a hammy issue in addition.

Antonio is effective shooting threes if his feet are set. Make him move and he hasn't been. His D is OK if he contributes on offense, otherwise...

What wasn’t DM clueless on? 😡

Yes, I saw Forbes in an official's ear a number of times. Animated, but restrained. Probably a good level to use at this point in his Wake career. Let the officials know he is paying attention but don't be obnoxious about it.

I like Whitt and think he has some good bball in front of him, but boy he just does not have the explosive speed that you need in a ACC elite PG- he is , um how should I say this, ...slow. Hopefully, he will make up for this in other ways as he gains experience, but those duke guards just exposed his lack of athleticism and that is not something he is going to improve much.

I like Whitt and think he has some good bball in front of him, but boy he just does not have the explosive speed that you need in a ACC elite PG- he is , um how should I say this, ...slow. Hopefully, he will make up for this in other ways as he gains experience, but those duke guards just exposed his lack of athleticism and that is not something he is going to improve much.

He’s not slow at all. He’s a damn good player to be 16 or 17 years old.

He’s not slow at all. He’s a damn good player to be 16 or 17 years old.

Yes, and he’s still having to think about what to do on defense. One month ago he was in high school, not practicing with this team.

By the way, Conor’s substack has a really good column on this game.

Back