• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: WF @ Duke - Noon Saturday ACCN

Yes, and he’s still having to think about what to do on defense. One month ago he was in high school, not practicing with this team.

By the way, Conor’s substack has a really good column on this game.

I wasn't seeing "slow" from Whitt. I was seeing hesitation from indecision and/or need to process what he should do. The end to end dribble through the defense to layup (VA game) showed he is plenty quick.

I will consider this "not quick" issue to be more of an indecision/processing/growing/learning the defense issue for this year. If it still deserves discussion at the end of the season, we can revisit.

Whitt's poise, ball handling and IQ will make up for any lack of quickness. That move he made in the paint against a much bigger defender was the type of thing peak CMM was able to do, but Whitt is what, 17? Kid is going to be very good. I'm assuming Neath and Adams transfer.

A backcourt of Whitt, Williamson, McCray and Hildreth will be excellent next season. And if he wants it, which I assume he will, Williamson will have 2 more seasons after this one.

Whitt's poise, ball handling and IQ will make up for any lack of quickness. That move he made in the paint against a much bigger defender was the type of thing peak CMM was able to do, but Whitt is what, 17? Kid is going to be very good. I'm assuming Neath and Adams transfer.

A backcourt of Whitt, Williamson, McCray and Hildreth will be excellent next season. And if he wants it, which I assume he will, Williamson will have 2 more seasons after this one.

Neath is much better than Williamson.

We shouldn't be talking about transfers. This is especially true with guys who could have left and stayed.

Neath is a better defender and passer. If given the reins, he'd be a better scorer.

Neath is much better than Williamson.

I disagree. I think Williamson is a fair amount better. He is faster, has a much better handle, makes better decisions, finishes around the rim better, and seems to have a much better idea of what to do on offense and defense. Neath is a ball stopper on offense and doesn't fight over screens on defense. I think Neath is stronger and a better jumper, and he certainly has the tools to continue to improve.

I disagree. I think Williamson is a fair amount better. He is faster, has a much better handle, makes better decisions, finishes around the rim better, and seems to have a much better idea of what to do on offense and defense. Neath is a ball stopper on offense and doesn't fight over screens on defense. I think Neath is stronger and a better jumper, and he certainly has the tools to continue to improve.

I agree with this. Williamson is high energy and a team player. I don't get the same vibe from Neath at times.

I think Williamson is better right now but Neath has the higher ceiling as a player. Williamson also has the obvious benefit of being familiar with Forbes and his system.

I agree with this. Williamson is high energy and a team player. I don't get the same vibe from Neath at times.

I think Williamson is better right now but Neath has the higher ceiling as a player. Williamson also has the obvious benefit of being familiar with Forbes and his system.

I see Neath looking a little like he is having some difficulty "switching gears" into Forbe's system. He has to "unlearn" Danny's system and learn Forbe's system. He hasn't had much practice time to do that. Once he isn't tentative and unsure, I expect him to play better. He has some very good individual skills. Meshing them with what Forbes wants to do is taking some time. And is much harder with so little effective practice time.

Williamson is playing like a guy who is in his third season with Forbes system and knows it pretty well. He no longer has to think, "what does coach want me to do?" He knows and does it.

unlearning everything Danny taught any of those guys should be priority 1

unlearning everything Danny taught any of those guys should be priority 1

Unlearning can be harder than learning. Particularly when the old and the new are similar, but not the same, and apply to the same situation.

Clearly Forbes really likes Williamson. I am afraid Neath’s day at msd are numbered.

Forbes did say post game that he likes Williamson personality- much like Forbes he said that Williamson hates to lose.

Unfortunately for Neath having played for DFL, he is very used to losing.

neath is in that bucket of players that includes cornelius hudson who receive hype despite not much objective evidence (recruiting rankings, advanced metrics, scouting reports by bball analysts, etc.) they would be acc caliber players.

neath is in that bucket of players that includes cornelius hudson who receive hype despite not much objective evidence (recruiting rankings, advanced metrics, scouting reports by bball analysts, etc.) they would be acc caliber players.

Neath played HS ball in Canada. I don't think he played AAU either. Therefore, his rankings and evaluations by those who scout and rank HS players are less likely to be accurate.

Neath also played well against ACC competitition at the end of last season.

I don't know that there is a ton of hype around him... I do think he could be a valuable piece if he can find his niche on this team.

Back