• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: WF @ Duke - Noon Saturday ACCN

Neath also played well against ACC competitition at the end of last season.

I don't know that there is a ton of hype around him... I do think he could be a valuable piece if he can find his niche on this team.

Neath finished last year with four double figure scoring games out WF's last 6, including 16 points, 5 rebounds and 3 assists in the win over Duke last year. By the end of last season, Neath proved that he belonged at the ACC level and can help a team win games at a high-level. Neath played reasonably well before the month long pause, but he has struggled since the team returned to play. Think its way premature to write-off Neath. With that said, WF has a ton of backcourt options now, and will have even more next year. So, it doesn't take long for a struggling player to get shuffled to the back of the rotation.

Yeah I'd rank Williamson above Neath at the moment - he's really the only player with legit quickness on our roster, and he and Mucius are the only two guys who can go get a bucket on their own when the shot clock is running down.

Neath does have a high ceiling though - great frame, decent shot, we've seen him finish in traffic and through contact. The adjustment from Manning's one-on-one matchup ball to the Forbes 5-out ball movement style seems to have been especially hard for him. Then Carter Whitt comes in early and immediately beats him out at point. I'm sure it's a tough time for him.

That being said, he can absolutely still be an effective combo guard as well as an elite defender if he wants to be. Hopefully adversity will drive him to get better. The reality is he's on a bad team with a good coach, the opportunity is there.

Ball movers vs ball stoppers.

Neath has one of the highest ceilings on the team but if he doesn't play the style that Forbes plays, then he won't get starters minutes and will most likely, ultimately transfer...I hope he doesn't...FTR

Neath has the skills to be a good ACC basketball player. He demonstrated those abilities at the end of last season. Ball movement doesn't come naturally for a lot of players. Jahcobi also seems reluctant to take an open jumper. His percentages are good but the low number of attempts suggests he lacks confidence. If he works hard in practice he get minutes to demonstrate improvement.

Back