• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Should Trump, Rudy and Junior be charged with murder?

This is from someone who has defended felony murder cases in DC.

How about the federal code?

What about 2nd degree murder? That statute referred to first degree murder.

It's being reported the MD state officials offered National Guard troops and equipment to help with the insurrection to the WH and other agencies and were rejected.

Would that have an impact?

I had a similar issue with the terrorism discussion a couple weeks back. Words have meaning. Not every homicide is a murder. A murder specifically is the unlawful premeditated killing of another person with malice aforethought. It's more like a reckless endangerment and inciting riot type of charges.

Neither did Charles Manson but he was in prison for almost 50 years for murder.

He planned the murders. I know that you recognize the differences in Manson's actions and Trump's actions.

I had a similar issue with the terrorism discussion a couple weeks back. Words have meaning. Not every homicide is a murder. A murder specifically is the unlawful premeditated killing of another person with malice aforethought. It's more like a reckless endangerment and inciting riot type of charges.

Then, could it be manslaughter?

RJ- why do you ask questions of people and then ignore their answers?

They aren't going to be charged with murder. Period.

Or manslaughter or any sort of conspiracy BS. And no one will ever collect a dime on a civil case against him.

I'm not ignoring. I'm trying to learn about options. To do so, one asks questions.

Potentially involuntary but pretty attenuated. Just leave this to the DC authorities to bring the appropriate charges.

Here's another question. Since it happened on federal property, do the feds have primary jurisdiction or does DC?

Here's another question. Since it happened on federal property, do the feds have primary jurisdiction or does DC?

I don't practice law in DC, but I believe someone who does on another thread said it could be either and that the best thing here is to let DC bring the charges because they would not be affected by a federal pardon. Now that we've answered your questions, stop asking the same thing over and over again,

You guys are shooting rj's question down too quickly. Involuntary manslaughter under federal code could certainly be "on the table".

Involuntary—In the commission of an unlawful act not amounting to a felony, or in the commission in an unlawful manner, or without due caution and circumspection, of a lawful act which might produce death.
18 U.S.C. 1112.

Furthermore, others with significant experience believe there could be significant charges:

Lawrence [ex-dean of George Washington Law School], who worked for Giuliani as an assistant U.S. attorney in New York in the 1980s, said charges of “imminent lawless activity” could be coming against his former boss.

“What I'm about to say I don't say with any pleasure, but if you say that this will be ‘trial by combat’ … I think you are inciting a crowd to use violence,” said Lawrence, also a former president of Brandeis University and a current Georgetown University law lecturer. "So I think he arguably has crossed a line.”

Prosecutors likely have enough evidence to criminally charge President Donald Trump with inciting violence after his speech Wednesday urging his supporters to march to the Capitol in an anti-democratic bid to reverse the 2020 election results, legal experts said.

I'm not saying this is an obvious move. But prosecutors extend criminal liability all the time.

Incitement of violence:

(a)Whoever, with intent that another person engage in conduct constituting a felony that has as an element the use, attempted use, or threatened use of physical force against property or against the person of another in violation of the laws of the United States, and under circumstances strongly corroborative of that intent, solicits, commands, induces, or otherwise endeavors to persuade such other person to engage in such conduct, shall be imprisoned not more than one-half the maximum term of imprisonment or (notwithstanding section 3571) fined not more than one-half of the maximum fine prescribed for the punishment of the crime solicited, or both; or if the crime solicited is punishable by life imprisonment or death, shall be imprisoned for not more than twenty years.

[The New York Times reported on Thursday that White House Counsel Pat Cipollone warned Trump he could potentially face charges for encouraging the riot. At a press conference on Thursday, the acting U.S. attorney in Washington said he would not rule out investigating the president’s role./QUOTE]

What about the DC mayor? I’m hearing on good authority that is who is responsible.

I think Hillary should be the Independent Prosecutor.

Back