• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Impeachment: The Sequel

Do you think it's possible to find 18 Pub senators to vote to convict? Folks like Sasse have to realize that it's at least theoretically possible that Trump could still get the 2024 nomination, and that would be disastrous for the Pub party and the country. As bad as McConnell and other Pubs have been, very few of them seriously want a 2nd Trump term. So the question is whether you can get 18 of them to agree to vote for conviction with the only 2 penalties being he's removed from office now, and he's banned forever from holding office. I'm looking at a list of Pub senators. I think Sasse, Murkowski, Collins, Toomey, Romney, Cornyn, Grassley, Graham, Lee, Portman and Tim Scott are possibilities. Maybe Tillis or Burr? After that 1st 11, I'm grasping at straws.

he won't get impeached; he wont' get removed by the 25th

his term will end and he'll get away with all of it

Getting to five is probably grasping at straws.

At this point I don't think any sitting senator and very few representatives want a second trump term. They want his voters and they don't want to be primaried but they have to be exhausted of him. If he is gone and they can say "it wasn't me" they would take it.

he won't get impeached; he wont' get removed by the 25th

his term will end and he'll get away with all of it

yep. and dipshits like Hawley and Cruz will be front and center for the next 4 years about the immoral things Biden and the Dems are doing.

Another idea is invoking section 3 of the 14th Amendment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2021/01/11/14th-amendment-trump-insurrection-impeachment/

It essentially says that anyone who has taken an oath of office who then violates that oath can be barred from any federal or state office in the future.

Violations include rebellion and insurrection, or giving aid and comfort to enemies of the US.

That is one possible reason to categorize the events of Jan 6 correctly. They were an attempted insurrection, not a coup attempt.

It was originally directed against officers who left the US Army and joined the confederacy. It was more recently used against a member of the House of Representatives in 1919 who opposed US entry into WWI.

Last edited:
Lindsey Graham said, "Count me out". When was that, Friday?

Lindsey Graham today:

Last edited:

Back