• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Impeachment: The Sequel

When Trump gets kicked out and more importantly when 300+ people either go to jail and/or have permanent felony records, Trump's base will lessen. If Trump is in jail, that will also have some impact as the years go on. He'll have followers, but the GOP should be able to re-take the party.

This is definitely a case of over estimating the Republican Party. Every single one of those 300+ felonies will be someone one else's fault. It will all be labeled the deep state trying to cover up a stolen election. Everything will be justified in retrospect or even glorified. It already is. White Grievance politics will continue to dominate the GOP and leaders like Sasse and Hogan are already obsolete. The only potential hope to save us is the growing list corporations that are planning to pull donations from the politicians that voted to reject the election.

Yes, this is my hope. That he gets his OAN primetime gig and continues to foment his white nationalism there but that his non-college educated base that used to be infrequent voters return to being infrequent voters without him on the ballot.

Well we can only hope the business community would continue to turn against him and hurt OAN.

Every procedural or preliminary vote is strictly along party lines.

Will it remain so for the impeachment vote?

With very few exceptions. Here’s the thing, pub voters don’t just tolerate Donald trump. They think that he’s one of the best presidents we’ve ever had.

This is definitely a case of over estimating the Republican Party. Every single one of those 300+ felonies will be someone one else's fault. It will all be labeled the deep state trying to cover up a stolen election. Everything will be justified in retrospect or even glorified. It already is. White Grievance politics will continue to dominate the GOP and leaders like Sasse and Hogan are already obsolete. The only potential hope to save us is the growing list corporations that are planning to pull donations from the politicians that voted to reject the election.

I think we might see a lot in 2022 Senate races in PA, NC and WI. The only other potentially seats that could be up for grabs would be NV and NH. Another key is whether Grassley will run for re-election at 89.

Well we can only hope the business community would continue to turn against him and hurt OAN.

what real businesses advertise on OAN? it's probably all MyPillow, buy gold, doomsday prep, scam life insurance, etc ads

5 house Pubs have said they will vote to impeach. An anonymous Pub said more Pubs would like to vote to impeach, however they are afraid that if they do their lives and their families' lives could be in danger. And the smoke signals are that McConnell apparently wants Trump gone. I am more hopeful than I was 24 hours ago.

5 house Pubs have said they will vote to impeach. An anonymous Pub said more Pubs would like to vote to impeach, however they are afraid that if they do their lives and their families' lives could be in danger. And the smoke signals are that McConnell apparently wants Trump gone. I am more hopeful than I was 24 hours ago.

I wish they could vote anonymously.

We have 1000x that number of people who died of covid, and Trump people still think that covid is either a hoax or not that bad. I think Sasse or Hogan have a chance if one clears out for the other, and there are like 5 Trump candidates who split the vote. I think it's more likely that one Trumpy person emerges as an obvious leader. Don jr and Crenshaw are the best bets at this point-was thinking Cotton, but I think Trump went after him for not supporting stopthesteal.

We have 1000x that number of people who died of covid, and Trump people still think that covid is either a hoax or not that bad. I think Sasse or Hogan have a chance if one clears out for the other, and there are like 5 Trump candidates who split the vote. I think it's more likely that one Trumpy person emerges as an obvious leader. Don jr and Crenshaw are the best bets at this point-was thinking Cotton, but I think Trump went after him for not supporting stopthesteal.

good chance don jr will be in prison

Stop impeaching the President so we can walk on the moon?

Back