• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Impeachment: The Sequel

Stolen from the twitters- what are y'alls thoughts on a hypothetical deal where the Senate convicts Trump and bars him from running for office in exchange for a Biden pardon of Trump?

I say hell no, but am curious what others think.

Why on earth would Biden pardon a dude who was impeached twice and then convicted the second time?

You can't pardon in cases of impeachment, so you mean a pardon for all the other crimes? Hell 2 da naw!

A pardon for federal crimes, particularly if limited to his time in office might be something to give more thought.

He would still be in jeopardy for breaking state laws.

With everything that is going on. Maybe we're all a little amazed.

Stolen from the twitters- what are y'alls thoughts on a hypothetical deal where the Senate convicts Trump and bars him from running for office in exchange for a Biden pardon of Trump?

Enforce the law or accept that we’re going to get worse in the future.

Why on earth would Biden pardon a dude who was impeached twice and then convicted the second time?

I believe the thought was that the senate pubs might agree to convict (and Trump might not contest) if there was an agreement to pardon.

Again, I wouldn't do it.

Up to 10 Republicans voting for impeachment with only 4 GOP votes remaining to be cast.

Trump has been IMPEACHED for the second time.

I believe the thought was that the senate pubs might agree to convict (and Trump might not contest) if there was an agreement to pardon.

Again, I wouldn't do it.

I’d wonder why the senate would care so much about a pardon for trump.

What on earth are Republicans prevented from saying? They have at least three networks solely devoted to their cause.

Free speech is NOT the same as freedom from being fact checked or facing popular blowback for their abhorrent views.

They seem to have some real issues with the free market. Wait until they learn about wages.

There will need to be at least 17 Republicans in the Senate to vote for conviction to make that happen.

donnie gives up his chance at a pardon by not stepping down and bending the knee to pence for him to do it.

donnie gives up his chance at a pardon by not stepping down and bending the knee to pence for him to do it.

Seven more days during which this could happen. I don't see Trump doing this except at literally, the 11th hour. As in 11 AM Jan 20.

I would be ok with a very narrow pardon for inciting a riot or sedition. But not a blanket pardon for all the federal crimes he and his family have probably committed over the decades.

Listening to the increased whining and moaning from the self-proclaimed defenders of "law and order" should be amusing. Have none of these people ever been in an airport or entered a government building before they were elected to Congress? God forbid they have to go through security checks like everyone else does!

Last edited:
Back