• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Impeachment: The Sequel

Hi. I'm sailordeac and I hate periods .

If the shit that trump, mcconell, graham, etc have been up to for the last 4 years (mcconell far longer of course) feel free to provide a list of their behavior and priorities for... governing... that you support because its all just a... disagreement??

I must heartily disagree with the bolded, large part.

Sailor loves periods. His last 24/7/365.

Ok, so let see if I follow you: the people conducting and supporting an attempted violent overthrow of our government and democratic processes are less fascist than the people trying to stop a violent overthrow of our government and democratic processes? Did I get that right?

Yep. You did get that right.

the dem "solution" is Chicago, which is the result of decades - actually close to a century - of dem control, in short, the dem "solution" is the death cult that you are talking about

whataboutdeac: The GOP isn't bad.

everyone: They stoked tensions and enabled a fascist coup attempt to overturn the results of an election because they lost. They're now trying to blow this off as not being a big deal.

whataboutdeac: But what about the Daleys?

That's a problem with people then. Not parties. But by that standard, the US is just the same as China, Somalia, Canada, New Zealand, and Saudi Arabia.

Look at you bosides’ing the whole world! but seriously, considering just the realm of foreign policy and militarism, the US isn’t really comparable to any other modern nation. The pre-colonial British empire would probably be the closest analogy I can think of. How many global military bases does New Zealand have? There are currently 22 active aircraft carriers, half of them are American. I could go on all day. You can have fun measuring dicks with Republicans your whole life, but we all share this country and it’s very worst qualities - American infrastructure shows where American priorities are. We lap the field, globally, in military spending, firearm ownership, prison population, mass shootings, but we have the worst wealth inequality, healthcare, nutritional regulations, infrastructure spending, and education outcomes of all the first world countries, and many of the 2nd world countries. Yet year after year, election after election, our most political progress is simply to reverse somethings the other party did while they were in power.

Impeachment is constitutional AF. Just go ahead and complete the process.

Seems weird for a House party leader to travel to meet with the ex-President eight days after he left office.

Fundraising on January 27, 2021. That tells you what you need to know about money in politics.

I think the Neo-Nazi groups like the proud boys would probably disagree with you, but they probably aren’t history scholars like you.

Looks like sailor's been reading all of those right-wing websites like American Greatness and The American Mind and The Federalist which are running one article after another on the Left's apocalyptic "war" to ban them from Twitter and other social media for telling proven lies and falsehoods and stirring up people to violence based on fake claims. The horror!

The Federalist I'm familiar with, although I have not read an article from the Federalist in at least 6 months or more. I've never heard of the other two sites you mention.

The Federalist I'm familiar with, although I have not read an article from the Federalist in at least 6 months or more. I've never heard of the other two sites you mention.

So, what you’re saying is that you come up with all this great stuff on your own, inside your own brain.

So, what you’re saying is that you come up with all this great stuff on your own, inside your own brain.

Isn't this just typical leftism. Lefties get their ideas from a couple of - let me say this charitably - more than dubious sites, and so presume that everyone else must be doing the same. If you want to understand what is happening around you, you will just have to jettison your lubish assumptions. Until you do, you will wake up every morning in lubish Groundhog's Day, forever and ever.

Isn't this just typical leftism. Lefties get their ideas from a couple of - let me say this charitably - more than dubious sites, and so presume that everyone else must be doing the same. If you want to understand what is happening around you, you will just have to jettison your lubish assumptions. Until you do, you will wake up every morning in lubish Groundhog's Day, forever and ever.

Paging Townie, STAT.

What sites do you think I get my lube from?

Back