• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Impeachment: The Sequel

"Fact is, his ass will be gone in less than 31 days.
Everything else about it is just noise from those seeking attention.
Get worked up if it suits you."
-DeacsPop

That pretty much sums up your Trump takes prior to people dying and the capital being stormed. Which he fomented as did his direct subordinates. And you've been antagonistic to those who were the least bit alarmist, then added a bunch of bosides arguments about sins of the left. It's this kind of garbage that allowed things to get this bad.

For the record, lyndsay graham is not interested in saving trump as much as he is interested in distancing himself from his flip flop to trump slurper over the last few years.

"Nothing to see here. Move along. I was never a big trump supporter. We need to heal not divide. Please forget the part I played and the crimes and grift I was involved in. Did I mention nothing to see here?"

well let's start with your repeated insistence since Election Day that Republicans were ready to move past him, just let Trump have his tantrum in the corner and all will pass.

Anyone with a half of brain who watched Dump knew he was going to throw a hissy fit if he lost.
And what's your 'evidence" that the majority of American Pubs did not "move on" after the election?
Blowhards who inundated the airwaves for weeks that the election was "fraudulent"?
An angry Anti American right wing mob who besieged the Capitol?
House Pubs reps who (as failed politicians) tried to pander to the parts of their base that are dysfunctional and 12 Senators?
Polls??? Internet Boards??
(You are spending way too much of your time on social media.)

And yes, I did say ignore him. Don't understand how that is "enabling" him. Sad to say many took his claims as a call to arms.....
And If we were as prepared as we should have been, Wednesday's shit would of never happened.

Last edited:
The benefit of impeachment is one that we don’t have the statespeople to obtain. It would be nice to stand unanimously to say “this isn’t who we are”. The reality is that this is who we are, so we couldn’t even get a simple majority to say it’s not.

How are elected representatives failed politicians? They were elected less than 3 months ago to represent your party. And over 100 of them wanted to overturn a free and fair election.

There are only three things that could prevent Trump from getting the 2024 Republican nomination: death, prison or being barred from running by a second impeachment. Otherwise we’re just entering intermission.

He did permanent damage to the country, and even most Pub pols realize that. The party would do everything it could to prevent that from happening. I guess I can see him trying, even after such a stunt. But at that point it would be a hostile takeover. So maybe this is the reason to impeach as Ph says. Can you get 17 Pub senators to sign off on conviction where the only punishment would be preventing him from ever running again?

The poll, which surveyed nearly 1,450 registered voters on the events at the Capitol, found that among Republicans, 52 percent identified Biden as the biggest culprit, rather than Trump himself.

Comparatively, just 26 percent of Republican voters blamed the president for inciting the violence, while another 26 percent pointed fingers at congressional Republicans who vowed to block the official tally of Biden's presidential win.

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/5...cans-blame-biden-for-mob-storming-the-capitol

How are elected representatives failed politicians? They were elected less than 3 months ago to represent your party. And over 100 of them wanted to overturn a free and fair election.

Please....Hawley's constituents are already trying to recall his sorry ass.

Last edited:
This is beating a dead horse, but isn't the obvious criticism of the idea to just ignore Trump that you are only telling people who disagree and dislike Trump to ignore him? The people that agree with him (which as evidenced by what happened at the Capitol is a not insignificant portion of the Republican party) are obviously listening to him and becoming emboldened to act. Telling people that want to stop him from doing anything permanently harmful to ignore him is just allowing those listening and agreeing with him to do whatever they want.

A basic analogy is that you are watching some dude (person 1) passionately try to convince some other dude (person 2) to steal your car. Person 1 is saying that it's rightfully his car, and that person 2 should go steal it back for him. As you watch, you can see person 2 becoming slowly convinced that it is rightfully not your car and that he should steal it from you. Why on Earth would you listen to your friend telling you just to ignore the situation, that stealing cars is illegal, and that there's no way they will get away with anything significant?

I definitely think this has hurt Trump with some Republicans more than anything that has happened in his disastrous four-year presidency. Having said that, memories are short, Trump no doubt still retains the loyalty and even adoration of a big chunk of the GOP base, and 2024 is still far away. I wouldn't count him out by any means, especially if as Deacfreak said there is another big GOP candidate field in 2024 (as there almost certainly will be) he could easily still win most of the primaries and get the nomination. As the Atlantic article posted recently pointed out, even Republicans on Capitol Hill were in deep denial about the impact of Trump and his rhetoric on their party's base until the attacks on Wednesday. Anybody who thinks he is finished for good is in denial now. There are plenty of his supporters who watched what happened on Wednesday and were not horrified but thrilled - it was all of their right-wing message board dreams come to life. He's definitely been wounded, but he's far from dead politically, imo.

This is beating a dead horse, but isn't the obvious criticism of the idea to just ignore Trump that you are only telling people who disagree and dislike Trump to ignore him? The people that agree with him (which as evidenced by what happened at the Capitol is a not insignificant portion of the Republican party) are obviously listening to him and becoming emboldened to act. Telling people that want to stop him from doing anything permanently harmful to ignore him is just allowing those listening and agreeing with him to do whatever they want.

A basic analogy is that you are watching some dude (person 1) passionately try to convince some other dude (person 2) to steal your car. Person 1 is saying that it's rightfully his car, and that person 2 should go steal it back for him. As you watch, you can see person 2 becoming slowly convinced that it is rightfully not your car and that he should steal it from you. Why on Earth would you listen to your friend telling you just to ignore the situation, that stealing cars is illegal, and that there's no way they will get away with anything significant?

I agree with you completely. And while "ignoring him" was my strategy, if I said that others who couldn't/didn't should, then I was wrong.

This guy has effectively ruined his chance to ever run again by his performance this week.

Unfortunately, Pops, you're wrong. When Trump said his base would support him if he shot a person on 5th Avenue, he was absolutely right. He has to be shut down, for the safety of the country and the sake of democracy, and the way to do that is through impeachment.

All due respect Ph; I think you're wrong. This guy has effectively ruined his chance to ever run again by his performance this week.
Time will tell of course, but I'm betting by 2022 he is no longer a factor in the Republican Party, if the Party wants to be anywhere relevant/competitive in the 2022/2024 elections.

George Bush, who lied his way into illegally invading another country, presided over military torcher, establish an extrajudicial prison camp in Cuba, etc. etc., has had his reputation scrubbed and purified simply by giving a butter scotch to Michelle Obama at a funeral. Trump can certainly come back from this. FFS people even seem to respect Dick Cheney again.

Back