• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Impeachment: The Sequel

George Bush, who lied his way into illegally invading another country, presided over military torcher, establish an extrajudicial prison camp in Cuba, etc. etc., has had his reputation scrubbed and purified simply by giving a butter scotch to Michelle Obama at a funeral. Trump can certainly come back from this. FFS people even seem to respect Dick Cheney again.

Bush understood the world and wasn't a narcissistic sociopath.

Lol of course deacspop, whose been wrong about trump and the GOP at basically every turn since the election is chiming in with another Trump take. Surely he’s got the pulse this time!

Bush understood the world and wasn't a narcissistic sociopath.

See, people are willing to put the massive mistakes of past leaders aside once a few years have past. And the time line for the rehabilitation will be waaaay shorter for Trump, for a lot of voters, because we have media outlets like Fox and OAN ready to to start praising the man. Jesus, several main stream news outlets are already praising his "new tone" just 24 hours after he told a bunch of treasonous revolutionaries that he loved them and that he sympathized with their feelings.

Unfortunately, Pops, you're wrong. When Trump said his base would support him if he shot a person on 5th Avenue, he was absolutely right. He has to be shut down, for the safety of the country and the sake of democracy, and the way to do that is through impeachment.

this is 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% correct

fucker will win the Republican nomination in 2024 if he's alive and eligible

perhaps that is the smart long game for the D party (but we had all better be sure he'll lose in November)

There is no reason not impeach him and there is every reason to do it. There cannot be zero consequences for a president that incites a riot to try and stop the electoral college vote certification against him.

See, people are willing to put the massive mistakes of past leaders aside once a few years have past. And the time line for the rehabilitation will be waaaay shorter for Trump, for a lot of voters, because we have media outlets like Fox and OAN ready to to start praising the man. Jesus, several main stream news outlets are already praising his "new tone" just 24 hours after he told a bunch of treasonous revolutionaries that he loved them and that he sympathized with their feelings.

Trump tried to overthrow the US government, is virulent racist and is a traitor.

Make no mistakes about it, Daddy Bush is directly responsible for many of the problems we have today due to his lies creating the first Gulf War. W lied to start a war of choice and should be remembered as such for posterity.

However, they are not as evil as Trump.

Almost everyone in your party thought this in the summer of 2016 as well.

well I'm not a Democrat, though I vote for Democrats for President

and you're not wrong, but last week was finally beyond the pale for many conservatives -- he can't come back from that

and you're not wrong, but last week was finally beyond the pale for many conservatives -- he can't come back from that

Most of his backers aren't traditional conservatives. Traditional conservatives are on the endangered species list.

He can't win a general but he can easily win the Nomination again.

I am really astonished that people continue to underestimate Trump. There needs to be specific and severe consequences for his actions. If not, he will be back. What we saw this week was started a year and a half ago when he called the Ukrainian prime minister to try and get him to interfere in the 2020 Presidential election. He faced no consequences for that and things just got worse and worse thereafter. He should have been removed from office and jailed Wednesday evening as soon as the Capitol was secured.

The gop tried to do everything they could to stop him in 2016, and he rolled through that primary without a scratch. You couldn’t get 5 Republican votes against him in the last impeachment. You definitely won’t get more than 10 this time. Let alone the millions it would take to beat him in the 2024 primary.

The gop tried to do everything they could to stop him in 2016, and he rolled through that primary without a scratch. You couldn’t get 5 Republican votes against him in the last impeachment. You definitely won’t get more than 10 this time. Let alone the millions it would take to beat him in the 2024 primary.

You might not have the full support of fox news this time though...

1st Draft of Impeachment Charges include inciting insurrection- inciting violence against of the United States. No POTUS has ever had anything close to that serious.

RE:2024- I don't think Trump is going to run. If he does, I would think the GOP will convince all but maybe one person to not run.

Back