• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Impeachment: The Sequel

I saw it mentioned elsewhere that the pubs had threatened to shut down all business by calling a billion useless witnesses unless a deal was made but I don't know the source

Yes, that is what is being reported, but I think that just continues to play into the Democrats hands. At some point they have to start calling Republican's bluffs. Let them slow everything down, then continue to show why we don't have COVID relief or stimulus checks because Republicans are holding it up.

Backing down to everything continues to let Republicans just bully them around. It's very similar to Mitch holding up even letting the Democrats pass the Senate rules to take over the committee chairs. They refused to give and eventually Republicans had to back down. Giving in constantly just makes Republicans more emboldened to continue those tactics.

I saw it mentioned elsewhere that the pubs had threatened to shut down all business by calling a billion useless witnesses unless a deal was made but I don't know the source

A majority had to approve each witness. The Dems have the majority, but for some reason have failed to use it.

I guess calling worthless witnesses to be voted down would have prevented business. But still Democrats can’t just let themselves be bulldozed by bad faith Republicans.

Feels like more of: Democrats aren't bad at politics; their politics are bad.

What is this impeachment doing for you?

Pointing out the cracks in the political structure of the country and shining a bright light on the rising tide of fascism in the Republican Party albeit in a too polite manner.

Said before and say it again.... pubs suck.

Letting the emperor get away with this is criminal. :mad:

It’s like a fashy mullet. Awful.

ed0a32ee9d70c951740f85b19cda3b61.jpg

Ignoring corruption and fascism doesn’t seem like an option.

What do you want instead?

It goes back to that essential root of the problem: Democrats win by legislating and Republicans win by breaking/contesting the process. They can beat the Democrats by threatening to prevent them from acting, even if their own actions add no value and actually makes the country worse. The entire process is so disgustingly tilted to favor that perspective.

I didn’t think I was going to be more upset with the Democrats at the end of this hearing. It’s amazing how bad they are at politics.

fuck McConnell especially for voting not guilty and then doing this speech blaming Trump for the insurrection

what a piece of shit

McConnell is such a pansy ass hiding behind the jurisdictional argument, especially when he was the one who controlled the Senate at the time and vowed that the Senate wouldn’t come back into session if the House delivered the articles while he was still in charge.

Yes, that is what is being reported, but I think that just continues to play into the Democrats hands. At some point they have to start calling Republican's bluffs. Let them slow everything down, then continue to show why we don't have COVID relief or stimulus checks because Republicans are holding it up.

Backing down to everything continues to let Republicans just bully them around. It's very similar to Mitch holding up even letting the Democrats pass the Senate rules to take over the committee chairs. They refused to give and eventually Republicans had to back down. Giving in constantly just makes Republicans more emboldened to continue those tactics.

So they just fought for witnesses, got the vote, and immediately backed down? Why? I would like to see the billion witnesses that the Republicans would try to call. They can't even find a decent lawyer. If they want to call that drunk woman from Michigan, Dems should let them.

Republicans can go to hell. They just damaged our country in a big way today. From this point on, the executive branch is untouchable and can do whatever it wants with no accountability.

Republicans can go to hell. They just damaged our country in a big way today. From this point on, the executive branch is untouchable and can do whatever it wants with no accountability.

Unless it’s a Democrat!

Back