• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Impeachment: The Sequel

This is exactly the reason the Pubs are done nationally for at least 8 years until they totally purge the purview of Dump and McConnell, Cruz, Graham, etc.
(Or the Dems TOTALLY f it up.)

This is exactly the reason the Pubs are done nationally for at least 8 years until they totally purge the purview of Dump and McConnell, Cruz, Graham, etc.
(Or the Dems TOTALLY f it up.)

I hope you’re right but I think you’re underestimating how strong that fascist wing is as long as right wing media props it up.

I didn't think it was possible, but I am somehow surprised that he could put out a statement that is so wrong. McConnell is the most effective GOP leader since Cheney at least. Nothing gets done without his say-so.

McConnell saved Trump’s ass on multiple occasions including conviction.

Bet McConnell wants his impeachment conviction vote back now.

Pussy pubs move not to rid themselves of the emperor when they clearly had the chance to do so.

Going to be pub and emperor drama now and they did it all to themselves.

Bet McConnell wants his impeachment conviction vote back now.

Pussy pubs move not to rid themselves of the emperor when they clearly had the chance to do so.

Going to be pub and emperor drama now and they did it all to themselves.

Nah. McConnell wasn't going to give Democrats a win no matter what. Republicans still think they can exorcise Trump and his most violent supporters while keeping their votes and enthusiasm.

McConnell's statement was to bring back that sweet, sweet corporate money that companies suspended in the wake of 1/6.

McConnell's statement was to bring back that sweet, sweet corporate money that companies suspended in the wake of 1/6.

Yep. I've read some articles recently where the GOP Establishment is starting to panic a little at the numbers of large corporations that have declared they're cutting off their funding to the GOP, and there's been threats of retaliation by some congressional Republicans. I'm skeptical as to how long this funding boycott will actually last, but no doubt trying to get back in these corporation's good graces is a top priority for McConnell and other leading congressional pubs.

Definitely. And he is safe for the next six years. He did this to court corporate money knowing he could absorb the hit from Trump that his 2022 incumbents cannot.

I dislike Mitch but in no way would consider him a political hack.

That is just a bananas crazy statement.

Back