• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Impeachment: The Sequel

I am really astonished that people continue to underestimate Trump. There needs to be specific and severe consequences for his actions. If not, he will be back. What we saw this week was started a year and a half ago when he called the Ukrainian prime minister to try and get him to interfere in the 2020 Presidential election. He faced no consequences for that and things just got worse and worse thereafter. He should have been removed from office and jailed Wednesday evening as soon as the Capitol was secured.

This is correct. He also should have been impeached a few weeks back when he tried to shake down the Georgia Sec of State to "find 11,780 votes."

Who wants to bet that Hannity/Limbaugh/etc...try to claim that impeachment is further incitement of insurrection.

Who wants to bet that Hannity/Limbaugh/etc...try to claim that impeachment is further incitement of insurrection.

They absolutely will. The dem approach should be to put that out there immediately - a statement explaining how Fox, Trump, etc will respond before they actually do.

This is correct. He also should have been impeached a few weeks back when he tried to shake down the Georgia Sec of State to "find 11,780 votes."

When that came out, some expert said GA laws may be tougher than federal laws.

My question is with all the charges that will happen when he leaves office, what lawyer will take them on knowing he has been stiffing lawyers for fees for over forty years. These fees will be massive.

Oh my god what is wrong you people? This is the same shit every said about Trump (me included) in 2015/2016. I openly hoped he would win the nomination 'knowing' he'd never with the general and he'd destroy the GOP in the process. Yet here we are in 2021, 361000 dead, 1 (so far) failed coup, unchecked climate change and a gutted economy later and people are actually arguing that next time it will be different. It's not worth the risk. Take his freedom to run for office away.

A few weeks back? The call took place 6 days ago! (It’s been a long year already)

Oh man, it has been a long 6 days!

You could tell me Kobe died when I was in high school right now and I’d be like, yeah that seems plausible.

Read more on Online petition demanding Sen. Hawley’s resignation receives thousands of signatures at https://www.kfvs12.com/2021/01/07/o...ys-resignation-receives-thousands-signatures/

LOL. Democrats can sign petitions too.

I am really astonished that people continue to underestimate Trump. There needs to be specific and severe consequences for his actions. If not, he will be back. What we saw this week was started a year and a half ago when he called the Ukrainian prime minister to try and get him to interfere in the 2020 Presidential election. He faced no consequences for that and things just got worse and worse thereafter. He should have been removed from office and jailed Wednesday evening as soon as the Capitol was secured.

It’s not underestimating Trump. It’s overestimating Republicans.

Jessy Waters is the first one to the post...

Lol at the people think inciting an angry mob to storm the capitol and stop the election certification should NOT face hard consequences. Actually I have another word, it’s shame, unabated shame. Hell, impeach Hawley and Cruz too. End their insurrection now.

I don't think we'll get enough R votes to remove him, but there is some chance of Trump resigning in a panic so he doesn't have to see more people betray him. Depends if he has more pardons in mind, perhaps.

donnie will do whatever he thinks will make him the most money while, hopefully, retaining the power his cult of personality gives him.

Lose money being the only twice impeached pres or is that a badge of honor that explodes rube donations?

Resign in disgust and explode rube donations (while conveniently getting a pence pardon so mikey's ego gets stroked being sworn in as potus for single digit days and the joy of parading around the west wing in mother's skivies!)

Back