• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Impeachment: The Sequel

How long is it still his decision to make?

It doesn't really matter as the House says it won't finish before the end of next week. That would only give the Senate 2-4 days to finish. On top of that, there's no way there are seventeen Republicans to remove him.

Having a "trial" in the House with a couple days of evidence could be more effective.

As a parent that has watched too many bad kids movies i keep reading the thread title as squeakquel.

It doesn't really matter as the House says it won't finish before the end of next week. That would only give the Senate 2-4 days to finish. On top of that, there's no way there are seventeen Republicans to remove him.

Having a "trial" in the House with a couple days of evidence could be more effective.

WTF?

With trumpf's criminal shakedown call to GA, the promised "wild time" rally and ultimate mob riot it should be unanimous to remove him immediately.

Never ever vote for a pub again otherwise. :mad:

WTF?

With trumpf's criminal shakedown call to GA, the promised "wild time" rally and ultimate mob riot it should be unanimous to remove him immediately.

Never ever vote for a pub again otherwise. :mad:

I would guess Sasse, Romney, Murkowski would vote to remove. Given her history of capitulating, I doubt Collins would. Who else do you think would vote to remove?

Of course, I wouldn't be at all surprised if 10-25 GOP Senators miraculously had to "self-quarantine" on the day of the vote.

people are bigly underestimating this

people are bigly underestimating this

This.

The magats on my Facebook feed were silent for a day and a half. Now they are back to posting their usual BS. It's difficult to quit the cult.

Healing and unifying the country translates to ignoring what happened Wednesday

Bullshit. I'm thoroughly sick and tired of not doing what's right because of the fear that a bunch of (mostly) right-wing rednecks might get their panties in a wad and go out and starting shooting people or screaming on social media or something. The only way to stop a bully is to stand up to them, and to hell with this "inflaming" the country crap - they've been dividing and inflaming the country for at least the past four years, indeed much longer. Many of them only want to stop impeachment because it would require them to actually vote and put them on record as (likely) supporting a genuine coup attempt on the national government. Trumpites are on the defensive right now, so don't let them off the hook.

And for the first time in a long while I do think a substantial majority of the country is also fed up and ready to support impeachment and face the consequences (god forbid!) that some of these wacko "patriots" may decide to do - what? Mount another insurrection? Riot in the streets? Taze themselves in the balls again trying to steal government property? Let them - and let them face the consequences for their actions. Coddling and ignoring them and pretending like they're really not that bad as the GOP has done clearly hasn't worked, so why should we keep doing it? To keep GOP members of Congress happy and not facing the consequences of their own actions in stirring these clowns up over the past decade?

Last edited:
Wednesday night I posted that Trump needs to be dead or in exile by Feb 1st and I stand by that. He’s need to be treated like the 3rd world despot he aspires to be. His family need to be gone to. Garland and state ADs need to bury them in criminal charges. Freeze their assets, seize everything for evidence, and make their lives a living hell. And if they refuse to leave there are black op teams can be called upon.

An impeachment would be great - but this fucker needs to be removed from the American political scene ASAP one way or another. He’s the most dangerous domestic threat to our nation since 1865. He and his co-conspirators need to be treated like they are Al Queda.

I would guess Sasse, Romney, Murkowski would vote to remove. Given her history of capitulating, I doubt Collins would. Who else do you think would vote to remove?

Of course, I wouldn't be at all surprised if 10-25 GOP Senators miraculously had to "self-quarantine" on the day of the vote.

Not so sure about Collins. She is about to have zippy power. Can't trust her. You know she is full of shit. She comes out and says, "I thought he learned his lesson. I was wrong. I'm voting to convict." She might just be able to parlay that into giving her some small amount of power in the senate.

Don't get me wrong I doubt the senate convicts. As for "calling out quarantine" I heard someone on one of the talking head shows saying that the 2/3rds needed to convict is for the senators there for the vote. The person was implying if not all 100 were there you don't need 60. Just 2/3rds of those that are actually present. If true thats a "but I was quarantining" excuse that some might go for but still terrible look for the trumpublican party.

This.

The magats on my Facebook feed were silent for a day and a half. Now they are back to posting their usual BS. It's difficult to quit the cult.

Is it a cult or is it just very few people have beliefs independent from their environment? We all went to college and choose to spend our time socializing with each other on this board. Likewise, all the people who got straight D's in high school aren't able to move out from wherever rural bumpkin town they grew up in and are left socializing amongst themselves. 5-10% of them having really strong views is more than enough to get 90% of em to all start thinking the same relatively quickly.

Bullshit. I'm thoroughly sick and tired of not doing what's right because of the fear that a bunch of (mostly) right-wing rednecks might get their panties in a wad and go out and starting shooting people or screaming on social media or something. The only way to stop a bully is to stand up to them, and to hell with this "inflaming" the country crap - they've been dividing and inflaming the country for at least the past four years, indeed much longer. Many of them only want to stop impeachment because it would require them to actually vote and put them on record as (likely) supporting a genuine coup attempt on the national government. Trumpites are on the defensive right now, so don't let them off the hook.

And for the first time in a long while I do think a substantial majority of the country is also fed up and ready to support impeachment and face the consequences (god forbid!) that some of these wacko "patriots" may decide to do - what? Mount another insurrection? Riot in the streets? Taze themselves in the balls again trying to steal government property? Let them - and let them face the consequences for their actions. Coddling and ignoring them and pretending like they're really not that bad as the GOP has done clearly hasn't worked, so why should we keep doing it? To keep GOP members of Congress happy and not facing the consequences of their own actions in stirring these clowns up over the past decade?

We keep letting these people off the hook. Same issue after the Civil War.

Is it a cult or is it just very few people have beliefs independent from their environment? We all went to college and choose to spend our time socializing with each other on this board. Likewise, all the people who got straight D's in high school aren't able to move out from wherever rural bumpkin town they grew up in and are left socializing amongst themselves. 5-10% of them having really strong views is more than enough to get 90% of em to all start thinking the same relatively quickly.

This is a good take. Definitely explains people I knew back home who went from only posting pictures of drinking, hunting, and fishing to political hot takes within a year or so.

Last edited:
Not so sure about Collins. She is about to have zippy power. Can't trust her. You know she is full of shit. She comes out and says, "I thought he learned his lesson. I was wrong. I'm voting to convict." She might just be able to parlay that into giving her some small amount of power in the senate.

Don't get me wrong I doubt the senate convicts. As for "calling out quarantine" I heard someone on one of the talking head shows saying that the 2/3rds needed to convict is for the senators there for the vote. The person was implying if not all 100 were there you don't need 60. Just 2/3rds of those that are actually present. If true thats a "but I was quarantining" excuse that some might go for but still terrible look for the trumpublican party.

You are correct. There is no way to trust Collins.

Back