• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Impeachment: The Sequel

no pardon

no negotiations for terrorists

Yep. And I love the metal detector fines. Fuck these pathetic racist ass losers. We’re done appeasing you chickenshit cry babies. Followed the rules or get fucked. It’s your fault that the detectors are there in the first place.

Last edited:
Yep. And I love the metal detector fines. Fuck these pathetic racist ass losers. We’re done appeasing you chickenshit cry babies. Followed the rules or get fucked. It’s your fault that the detectors are there in the first place.

If they have nothing to hide, then why would it be a problem?

I believe the thought was that the senate pubs might agree to convict (and Trump might not contest) if there was an agreement to pardon.

Again, I wouldn't do it.

If it kept him from ever running again, it is good by me. But I understand the opposition to it.

I can’t even go to Lenox Mall in Buckhead without going through a metal detector.

No pardons.

Time before an impeachment vote gives the appropriate authorities time to more fully investigate all aspects associated with 1/6/2021. What is now known may be the tip of the iceberg.

Don't discount further armed insurrection on the federal, state and local level during the next 7-10 days. What has occurred may be just the beginning. The FBI is concerned and urging authorities to prepare.

Murkowksi sounds like a yes on convicting.

I think Trump likely survives conviction unless there’s violence this week, in which case he will be convicted around 70-30 with the establishment (Mitch/Burr/Toomey/Blunt) icing him.

Murkowski, Sullivan, Mitch, Collins, Blunt, Sasse, Burr, Tillis, Portman, Toomey, and Romney get you to 61 votes

That’s the ceiling as things stand now and I would probably put it closer to 55 votes.

Assuming things go bad over the next week (hopefully they don’t), I think you see people like Graham, Scott, Cornyn, and Cotton vote to convict and political pressure probably forces a few others to join them.

I think Trump likely survives conviction unless there’s violence this week, in which case he will be convicted around 70-30 with the establishment (Mitch/Burr/Toomey/Blunt) icing him.

Murkowski, Sullivan, Mitch, Collins, Blunt, Sasse, Burr, Tillis, Portman, Toomey, and Romney get you to 61 votes

That’s the ceiling as things stand now and I would probably put it closer to 55 votes.

Assuming things go bad over the next week (hopefully they don’t), I think you see people like Graham, Scott, Cornyn, and Cotton vote to convict and political pressure probably forces a few others to join them.

Agreed. It should also be interesting when many of these people (Graham, Cruz, Hawley, etc.) run for the GOP nomination in 2024 only to find that the guy they let off the hook with impeachment beats them yet again for the nomination. I'm sure they'll find some way to rationalize it and keep sucking up to him.

Agreed. It should also be interesting when many of these people (Graham, Cruz, Hawley, etc.) run for the GOP nomination in 2024 only to find that the guy they let off the hook with impeachment beats them yet again for the nomination. I'm sure they'll find some way to rationalize it and keep sucking up to him.

Bold strategy, Tom Cotton. Let’s see if it pays off.

I think Romney brings Lee with him. Mormons don't like Trump, despite voting for him over a D. A conviction vote for Lee wouldn't lose him any primary votes his next time around. I also think Scott and Cornyn have potential, but not Graham and Cotton. Hell, Graham went with Trump on his trip to the border. Another couple could be Grassley and Lankford. But I think the 2 keys will end up being Mitch and the mountain west states. We ain't counting to 60 without Mitch on board. And the mountain west states and the Dakotas should be less prone to primary challenges than southern states, so with Mitch's prodding, you may get some of those folks on board. I also think you need 18 Pub votes because you can't count on Manchin - WV is 1 of the Trumpiest states out there.

Schumer says a conviction will result in a vote preventing him from running again. I think that could motivate some more R yes votes.

However, “You come at the king, you best not miss.”

Should be unanimous pub yes votes by then. Just keep showing the riot videos.

WTF? Pussies. :mad:

This seems like the perfect opportunity for the GOP to begin to "move on" from this walking disaster but they do risk fracturing the entire party. It's an interesting conundrum. It's also exactly what they deserve for attaching themselves to the anus of this awful human being for the last 5 years.

Back