• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tommy Lasorda Sept. 22, 1927.-Jan 7, 2021

Deaconblue

Reaction score
Tommy Lasorda, retired manager of the Los Angeles Dodgers died Jan 7.

As a pitcher for the Phillies, he struck out 25 batters in a 15 inning game, a record. After two year with the Phillies, he was drafted by the Dodgers, then in Brooklyn. He remained a Dodger for the rest of his life. He joked that if he was cut, he would bleed Dodger blue.

Condolences to his family, friends and the Dodger nation. Another great one gone from among us.

RIP, Tommy.

I remember he was Wellman’s guest at a hoops game back in the late 90s or early 2000s

Tommy used to have a restaurant in Marina Del Rey. Every three months or so, it would get closed down for a week for having rats.

A friend of mine is Kurt Bevacqua's cousin. As she says, he and Tommy Lasorada had a love/hate relationship. ;)

The only thing I remember about Kurt Bevacqua is that he was the bubble gum blowing champ.

RIP Tommy Lasorda.

Back