• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Capitalism

See?!?! That's how exceptional America is. Gig workers are going to get paid $61,710,583!!!! What a country! A company owned by a man worth $200 billion can steal your money and maybe give it back to you several years later.

Good call, Ranger putting that big pharma report in the Capitalism thread. We learn that companies innovate to stay competitive and make money by putting out the best product. If the goal is to make money, why worry about making shit. Just bury the competition and let Wall Street do the rest.

Last edited:
Jeff Bezos is stepping down at Amazon later this year.

God damn it Dolly.

You must not know the lyrics. Dolly is just updating the song. It’s more real talk for the modern era.

——-
Working 9 to 5
What a way to make a livin'
Barely gettin' by
It's all takin'
And no givin'
They just use your mind
And they never give you credit
It's enough to drive you
Crazy if you let it
——-

See?!?! That's how exceptional America is. Gig workers are going to get paid $61,710,583!!!! What a country! A company owned by a man worth $200 billion can steal your money and maybe give it back to you several years later.

Good call, Ranger putting that big pharma report in the Capitalism thread. We learn that companies innovate to stay competitive and make money by putting out the best product. If the goal is to make money, why worry about making shit. Just bury the competition and let Wall Street do the rest.

to sum up, flourishing

That is not what I mean when I use the phrase. When I use the phrase, what I mean is that our economic system and our system of government allow for human flourishing in a way that other economic systems/systems of governance do not. It's not that Americans are "better" than people from everywhere else. Instead, it's that our economic/government systems allow us to flourish in a way that other systems do not. If you were to switch the American people with the people from any other country, you'd still have American exceptionalism, so long as they bought into our economic/government systems. If you want to throw in "big country, vast resources, geographic separation from Europe, etc" as causative factors too, I won't take much issue with that, but I think it is our economic/government systems that are really doing the work here.

All evidence to the contrary.

Weird response. These types of stories are neither endemic nor unique to capitalism. Plus, under our system of government, the girl who was pepper sprayed will probably get paid for her experience. As for the lady whose husband died, that's obviously very sad, but you are aware that the coronavirus is killing people in other countries too, yes?
So, then, we are like everybody else? Doesn’t sound exceptional.
Almost everyone I’ve seen espouse American exceptionalism is exceptionally average. I’m being generous.

How does anyone witness how we dealt with Covid and still believe in American exceptionalism?

Fuck off! Let me live my life! (Unless you want to do some I don't like)
-American exceptionalists(white supremacists)

How does anyone witness how we dealt with Covid and still believe in American exceptionalism?

Trying paint the entire nation with the classless, sociopathic Trump is wrong. With any other POTUS, we wouldn't be where we are today.

Trump is quite simply the biggest mass murderer in US history. He knew people would die due to his lies and the impediments he placed on healthcare professionals and local governments.

Trying paint the entire nation with the classless, sociopathic Trump is wrong. With any other POTUS, we wouldn't be where we are today.

Trump is quite simply the biggest mass murderer in US history. He knew people would die due to his lies and the impediments he placed on healthcare professionals and local governments.

And 75 million people voted for him AFTER he acted this way. America is on the decline hard.

We're basically a washed up old rich dude now on the world stage. We pay for everything and therefore think that everyone still respects us, but nobody listens to a goddamn thing we say and they are all just waiting for us to die.

And 75 million people voted for him AFTER he acted this way. America is on the decline hard.

We're basically a washed up old rich dude now on the world stage. We pay for everything and therefore think that everyone still respects us, but nobody listens to a goddamn thing we say and they are all just waiting for us to die.

That's pretty good. Another one I've heard is the US is a third-world country with a Prada bag.

The main problem Trump caused is the world does listen to America. Now, we are greatly weakened. The world wants to have a leader.

George Bush says hello. Harry Truman too. Probably others.

Back