• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Capitalism

I mean we did essentially shut down the economy in the 4th year of his presidency sooooo... but i guess that is partly

One year of the Trump administration, no matter how bad, cannot not skew a 75 year trend to be negative. There is something to the timing of administrative turn-over, e.g., Obama took over just after Bush's era of deregulation had collapsed the economy, Biden took over after Trump's disastrous handling of Covid, Clinton took over after 12 years of Reagonomics led us to the 1991 recession. You might say that is political serendipity for Democrats, but if economic collapses happen enough times at the end of Republican administrations, we might call that a pattern.

P4LCySs.png

Tom Brady is the greatest QB who ever played the game. His contract pays him $25,000,000 this season, the most he's ever made in a season throughout his 21-year career.

If Tom Brady made $25,000,000 EVERY DAY starting the day he was drafted in 2000, he'd only have 2/3 the wealth of Elon Musk.

Why are you donkeys so against the guy who's literally saving humanity? Shouldn't that exactly be how we compensate people? The guy who saves humanity.... yeap.... he gets to be the richest.

Or is it more y'all don't think asteroids exist?

C'mon man. This is a quantity troll, not a quality troll.

Asteroids provide more of an argument to keep coal miners around. Who else are you going to send up to space when the asteroid is on the way?

correct me if i'm wrong but NASA is the one doing the asteroid deflection test, not Elon Musk, right?

How would Elon’s companies be doing without gigantic government subsidies (Tesla) and contracts (SpaceX)?

Least he could do is kick some back in.

The Elon Musk hate is misdirected. The guy rapidly accellerated movement toward electric cars and is making space exploration more efficient. And most of his wealth is tied into stock, which is just what the entire market (read - people) are willing to pay for shares of his company.

Back