• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Capitalism

Huh. it is almost like running a business can carry risk and tight profit margins, and depends on receiving timely payment. But nobody worry about paying rent for 9 months, I'm sure everything will be fine.

Imagine running a business based on working class people in a tenuous economy in which employers want to hire as few people as possible paying a specific amount of money every month for something you’re putting the least amount of effort into providing.

Stupid landlords just need to build and maintain more affordable housing despite rocketing prices, charge less for it, and accept rent payments whenever they happen to come in. Duh.

Stupid landlords just need to build and maintain more affordable housing despite rocketing prices, charge less for it, and accept rent payments whenever they happen to come in. Duh.

Speaking of, tomorrow is already the 5th and you're behind on the rent for the space you occupy inside my head, 2and2.

Speaking of, tomorrow is already the 5th and you're behind on the rent for the space you occupy inside my head, 2and2.

Ha, rent. You owe me tax breaks for having the privilege of me setting up shop inside your dome. Not many can be graced with the development I bring to my surroundings.

A current Postcardmania employee, who spoke to VICE News on condition of anonymity for fear of retaliation, suspected Furman’s tweet and the negative response on social media drove the company’s decision to change course.
“I was under the impression that we were expected to work, and if you had to work from home or an evacuation zone, log in on your laptop,” the employee said. “The messaging was ‘production will not slow down,’ consistently up until that post went viral.”
Employees who spoke to VICE News said that workers were still expected back in the office Friday, and that they were still expected to hit their 40 hours of work, even if that meant working through the weekend. The anonymous employee summarized the general feeling among workers as “concern and frustration.”

"wave at me"?? "love you"??

this is definitely one of those places that pays their employees shit because "we're like a family"

Is that like, the only place to work in Clearwater ?

Employers forcing people to work through hurricanes? Let the free market sort it out. Employees should have no problem quitting on short term notice and spending weeks to months looking for another job. Absolutely nothing financially coercive about employment.

Yeah I'm sure this was the greatest place to work in all of Clearwater before yesterday. Or, maybe the salary is so good that you just can't make yourself quit.

Back