• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: L'ville Cards at the Joel: Wednesday 8:30 ACCN

Ville was better team and Jones was best player on court and maybe league. Love Deacs effort and we are getting better game to game. Just not enough firepower tonight.

Cards look and feel like best team we have seen so far. Need to get tough as it doesn’t get any easier.

Neath has been horrible, and there’s no sign of that changing. Wilkins needs to play in his place and Williamson needs to run the point. I think Forbes figured that out with 10 minutes left in the game. Glad he did. It gave us a chance to win.

I think Neath has always been a poor mans Codi Miller-McIntyre. CMM was better at driving to the hoop, and he could finish so that’s a bonus. Neath may be a better FT shooter, but when the hell does that ever happen? Most of the time he’s out of control and gets called for the charge.

I think Massoud can bring something to the table with his 3 pt shooting. He hasn’t been shooting well enough, but he has the capability to. He needs to quit trying to work in the post. It’s an automatic travel or turnover.

I’m encouraged how we are hanging with good teams despite a roster without much ACC talent that’s depleted at that.

As others have said, we are very competitive with little to no ACC talent. I'm excited to see how the next 2-3 years progress with Forbes.

As others have said, we are very competitive with little to no ACC talent. I'm excited to see how the next 2-3 years progress with Forbes.

The most important thing to make progress is ACC caliber big men. Ody is doing work, but he needs some other bigs to work with him down low.

The Deacs played hard and never quit. They were within six with 6:32 left. They were outscored 15-9 to close the game. Williamson scored eight of the final nine points. The rest of the team disappeared on offense and allowed the Cards to shoot 5-7 from the field and 4-4 from the line.

Nobody follows their shot. That won't work. Most of the time it's one Deac on the offensive glass.

The Deacs did not RUN back into defensive position in transition. It gave Louisville early open offensive looks and they cashed in. When the ball beats you down the court you are doomed. I haven't noticed this until tonight.

Neath demonstrated why he is on the bench tonight. I'm surprised he saw the floor after two senseless turnovers to start the second half. Adams had two assists in three minutes. He's quick and brings energy at both ends. Give him a little more run.

Mucius and Massoud have no business playing center. Overmatched. Okpomo had a rebound, blocked a shot and intimidated a drive that resulted in a missed three in two minutes. Length, rebounding and defense. Deacs could use all three. Let him spell Ody.

It's my opinion this would be a much better team with Dubose on the floor.

Neath has been horrible, and there’s no sign of that changing. Wilkins needs to play in his place and Williamson needs to run the point. I think Forbes figured that out with 10 minutes left in the game. Glad he did. It gave us a chance to win.

I think Neath has always been a poor mans Codi Miller-McIntyre. CMM was better at driving to the hoop, and he could finish so that’s a bonus. Neath may be a better FT shooter, but when the hell does that ever happen? Most of the time he’s out of control and gets called for the charge.

I think Massoud can bring something to the table with his 3 pt shooting. He hasn’t been shooting well enough, but he has the capability to. He needs to quit trying to work in the post. It’s an automatic travel or turnover.

Wilkins can't play. He's slow, unathletic and can't shoot.

The Deacs played hard and never quit. They were within six with 6:32 left. They were outscored 15-9 to close the game. Williamson scored eight of the final nine points. The rest of the team disappeared on offense and allowed the Cards to shoot 5-7 from the field and 4-4 from the line.

Nobody follows their shot. That won't work. Most of the time it's one Deac on the offensive glass.

The Deacs did not RUN back into defensive position in transition. It gave Louisville early open offensive looks and they cashed in. When the ball beats you down the court you are doomed. I haven't noticed this until tonight.

Neath demonstrated why he is on the bench tonight. I'm surprised he saw the floor after two senseless turnovers to start the second half. Adams had two assists in three minutes. He's quick and brings energy at both ends. Give him a little more run.

Mucius and Massoud have no business playing center. Overmatched. Okpomo had a rebound, blocked a shot and intimidated a drive that resulted in a missed three in two minutes. Length, rebounding and defense. Deacs could use all three. Let him spell Ody.

It was good to see Opkomo on the court. If he can get some PT, maybe he'll learn a lot in his free year. You really can't teach shotblocking. Either you can or you can't.

Williamson and Oguama are our best players right now. They can play defense, offense and rebound. Muscius is good but inconsistent and if Massoud's shot is off then he really adds little. He does not have an inside presence and defense is not good. We get killed on the offensive boards. Having said that, Forbes keeps it close which is a testament to his coaching and team philosophy. Dubose would be a big lift but really need another big. Neath looks careless and almost like he does not give a shit. Wilkins does not add much so we are really in need of another versatile guard and a rebounding big. Seems like Williamson plays 40 minutes a game. The guy is tough and has alot of energy- Neath take some notes.

State looks beatable. Horrible D and street ball offense v FSU. Although they are a matchup problem when both Bates and Funderburk are healthy. #coachingmatters

got to think that with dubose and ingraham, some of these games might look different. what a bummer.

Some random thoughts... williamson's court senses with the splitting of a double team on multiple occasions and then getting to the hoop to score was such a beautiful thing to see. I haven't seen many beautiful things the last decade plus. We are definitely watchable despite the doo doo talent on the roster. Mucius is trying too hard I think. If we Keep playing with that kind of effort we will eventually win some ACC games this year. The schedule for the month of January is damn brutal though.

43-43 with 15:41 left vs. Virginia
55-55 with 11:42 left vs. Duke
52-53 with 12:12 left vs. Louisville

I didn't watch except much into the 2nd half, to get to within 1 was really good. As I stated previously, Danny with this roster, would've lost by 25+.

Would love to see Tariq out there as we are really thin in the paint. Ody is a grinder - a guy who was rated low as a recruit and people here mocked but just puts in the effort to use his athletic ability to get better. He had a few nice hooks that didn't fall. Love his work ethic. It would be something to see what Forbes could have done with Tariq and Dubose, plus Chaundee and Sarr. That said, I'm really happy for Chaundee to be enjoying his last run with Michigan. He gave 100% all the time while he was here.

Massoud is like a taller Wilbekin. I'm not a fan of Antonio and Massoud on the floor at the same time. Both seem to be catch and shoot players that can't do a lot else on offense. If Antonio is in, then play Johnson since he is a better athlete. If Massoud is in, then add Neath or Adams at guard.

The end of game failures to finish are becoming a habit. Should they be written off as the guys being gassed because they haven't recovered to basketball fitness post Covid? Time will tell.

Not getting back on D and following your shot is about effort. Again, possible post Covid can't do it vs not wanting to or trying, but the legs aren't there, particularly late game.

Neath has an assist:turnover ratio that is below 1. Totally unacceptable for a point guard. No wonder Whitt has been taking his minutes.

Jonah Antonio needs to add at least one more type of shot to his game. He seemed to get spooked after the one bad miss. I couldn't tell if it was blocked or he got hit as he was releasing the shot.

Wake needs Okpomo to be a player soon. He looks like the only guy besides Ody who can play down low. Ody needs help and Wake needs a guy who can play down low when Ody needs a breather. As noted, Mucius and Massoud don't appear to be suitable for the role.

I think Neath ran into one of his own players at least 5 times last night. Based on his understanding of spacing in our offense I'm guessing he was the primary COVID spreader on our team.

We're gonna be really good once Forbes gets a few legit players. Nice to see Okpomo get in, and it was pretty funny to hear the announcers struggle to figure out who he was. They kept calling him Oguama but with a hesitation like they suspected they were wrong.

Ody definitely gonna be the fan favorite over the next few years. Great energy and starting to show some ability on offense.

I think things will continue to look better as the season goes on... We've still only played 8 games. The month off and the absence of Dubose & Ingraham have made depth even more of an issue than it otherwise would have been.

Neath is clearly struggling, but it's too early to dismiss him as a contributor. As others have said, Mucius and Massoud have a lot to unlearn.

I love Antonio. It's frustrating that this is likely his only season because he's the exact type of player that can make a difference coming off the bench for a very good team.

It is funny to me that the logjam we thought we had at guard has basically disappeared with Dubose out, Neath struggling, and even Whitt's injury.

Back