• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: L'ville Cards at the Joel: Wednesday 8:30 ACCN

Will Mucius record an assist this year? He has 15 turnovers and zero assists so far...

Will Mucius record an assist this year? He has 15 turnovers and zero assists so far...

Love his effort this year, but 0 to 15 assist to turnover ratio is hard to overlook. Mucius is also shooting 19% from 3. Yikes.

Love his effort this year, but 0 to 15 assist to turnover ratio is hard to overlook. Mucius is also shooting 19% from 3. Yikes.

Mucius needs to cut out trying threes. He should stick to mid range and closer. He needs to embrace the old Jamal Levy role as "glue guy."

It's going to be a while for Forbes to break the awful habits that Neath, Ish, and Mucius developed under the buffoon Manning.

FWIW, Davien is shooting 17% from 3. He averaged over 37% in his first two years at ETSU. So, would hope that Williamson's shooting stats return to the mean.

And let’s hope Antonio’s doesn’t. He was a sub .333 shooter at UNLV. He’s shooting 45% now.

FWIW, Davien is shooting 17% from 3. He averaged over 37% in his first two years at ETSU. So, would hope that Williamson's shooting stats return to the mean.

Interesting — I would speculate that the the ACC’s larger , more athletic guards on the average have something to do with that. This is a different level of completion then ETSU on most nights. On a similar note, Forbes indicated in the post game that he thought we were generally missing open threes. I don’t buy that last night— many threes were several feet behind the three point line and/or rushed.

He was also playing through a thumb injury for most of the year. Not ideal for shooting.

A broken thumb is much harder to shoot with than a broken finger. You can tape fingers together, but not a thumb.

Not to pile on, but Neath, Massoud and Mucius are probably our weakest links overall and they’re all former DM recruits/players. Ody is the exception, but I find it encouraging that Forbes cobbled a roster together during a pandemic and has this team playing hard despite some unfortunate injuries and players that frankly don’t fit the mold. We are 0-4, but holy hell what an improvement in all facets from what we have experienced these last 10 years. The future is bright. Go Deacs!

Forbes mentioned in his post game remarks that Okpomo had the highest (+6) score on the team in three minutes. He complemented his play and the team play while he was on the floor and indicated he earned another look.

Interesting — I would speculate that the the ACC’s larger , more athletic guards on the average have something to do with that. This is a different level of completion then ETSU on most nights. On a similar note, Forbes indicated in the post game that he thought we were generally missing open threes. I don’t buy that last night— many threes were several feet behind the three point line and/or rushed.

I think a lot of it has to do with Davien having to bail out his teammates and taking threes as the shot clock winds down, because no one else can effectively generate their own shot (Whitt and Dubose can, but obviously they're out). I would guess at ETSU he was shooting almost all his threes within the flow of the offense.

I think a lot of it has to do with Davien having to bail out his teammates and taking threes as the shot clock winds down, because no one else can effectively generate their own shot (Whitt and Dubose can, but obviously they're out). I would guess at ETSU he was shooting almost all his threes within the flow of the offense.

Yeah he had to take one 3 in the first half after Ody passed the ball to him out of the post with 2 seconds left on the shot clock. He had some constructive criticism for his teammate after that!

Mucius needs to cut out trying threes. He should stick to mid range and closer. He needs to embrace the old Jamal Levy role as "glue guy."

Which implies there are pieces and parts to "glue together". Ummmm

Jamaal Levy would be the best player on this team easily.

I don't get the Mucius hate. He has already shown great improvement this year. I think he's gonna have a massive year next year as a senior with a year of the Forbes system down, especially with all of the solid guards that will be around him to help create easier scoring opportunities so he doesn't have to force things as much.

I don't get the Mucius hate. He has already shown great improvement this year. I think he's gonna have a massive year next year as a senior with a year of the Forbes system down, especially with all of the solid guards that will be around him to help create easier scoring opportunities so he doesn't have to force things as much.

I don't think it is hate at all. I would say most fans like him. He seems to have a great personality/attitude and he works hard and always gives a lot of effort. His criticisms are mostly about some of his deficiencies as a player. Most of those deficiencies are fixable with coaching, which is optimistic.

I think the main question with Mucius is, is he in a 3pt shooting slump or should he not be a 3pt shooter. He's 3-21 (14%) and that is just killing us, but given that he was 18-52 (34%) last year it seems he's slumping so hard to pull the plug on that.

Given that he's 23-40 (57%) from 2, he can score and seems to be one of the most comfortable getting his shot.

Back