• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 OGBoards Fundraiser

Do you get a lot of spam signups?

We get lots of spam signups, but since we manually do registration these days, very very very few of those get approved. Unfortunately, having to do manual review is a time-intensive process (and vBulletin is AWFUL about tooling to help with this really), so I suspect a good number of legit would-be posters apply and then don't return once they have to wait a day or two to actually post.

And half of them aren't parody accounts? How do we get these people to join in?

Haha, I suspect a lot of it is that we haven't been very good in our main sports in awhile, that has definitely caused dwindling participation. So we just need Forbes to turn the ship around as step 1. I think more good social features can and will help too.

This isn't a business for us and we don't make money off of it, so while I do want to see the community thrive just because it's more interesting to have more posters and unique voices, we also can't afford to spend tons of time on trying to draw membership here via targeted advertising or anything like that (which is just a minefield these days of ways to throw away money), so there isn't really an easy answer to "how do we get more members" if that's the goal. As long as we're self sustaining via fundraisers I think that's a pretty good signal in itself that we should continue working on and keeping the forums up and running.

i chipped in 50 under cover of darkness last week. did you get what you needed to keep doing the lord's work? a life without RJ would really just not be worth living....

i chipped in 50 under cover of darkness last week. did you get what you needed to keep doing the lord's work? a life without RJ would really just not be worth living....
PM me the name you sent it under and I'll check.

For those that sent checks, I'm going to start cashing them today. I'm going to try and work later this week to send PM's of receipt acknowledgement. Trying to carve out time to get it done.

Back