• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will Trump start a 3rd Party

Will Trump start his own political party?

• Yes

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • Mako

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
it really really triggers me that these assholes have co-opted the word Patriot. But I already hate the NE Patriots, so fuck that word.

Meh, patriot has been used by nationalist authoritarian regimes forever. It has always been a word that easily co-opted, because rubes are simple.

Don't Tread on Me and the baller flag associated with it is the one that will always bother me. It was the express IP of US Soccer until the Tea Party stole it. I'm still pissed.

Meh, patriot has been used by nationalist authoritarian regimes forever. It has always been a word that easily co-opted, because rubes are simple.

Don't Tread on Me and the baller flag associated with it is the one that will always bother me. It was the express IP of US Soccer until the Tea Party stole it. I'm still pissed.

yeah that one stings more.

Yeah, and it equates the government of King George III with Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and the Obama administration.

It is a genius grift. Trump can make hundreds of millions running a third party. He'll just use PAC donations to pay for contracted work from his own businesses.

And it doesn't even bother me. The idiots that follow him deserve to be bilked.

I was expecting a megachurch instead of a political party. Fewer regulations, thus an easier grift. Guess he doesn't have the stomach to fake being a Christian for that many hours in a day.

I was expecting a megachurch instead of a political party. Fewer regulations, thus an easier grift. Guess he doesn't have the stomach to fake being a Christian for that many hours in a day.

Why not both?

Imagine that grift. Shake down existing mega churches to either get on board or risk losing their members.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...he-still-holds-loyalty-gop-voters/6765406002/

By double digits, 46%-27%, those surveyed say they would abandon the GOP and join the Trump party if the former president decided to create one.

"We feel like Republicans don't fight enough for us, and we all see Donald Trump fighting for us as hard as he can, every single day," Brandon Keidl, 27, a Republican and small-business owner from Milwaukee, says in an interview after being polled. "But then you have establishment Republicans who just agree with establishment Democrats and everything, and they don't ever push back."

out of sheer laziness and a need to put forward money, I just don't see Trump doing his own party. he was able to use the GOP's infrastructure to gain the presidency and his current position. he doesn't really seem like a build from the ground up person.

out of sheer laziness and a need to put forward money, I just don't see Trump doing his own party. he was able to use the GOP's infrastructure to gain the presidency and his current position. he doesn't really seem like a build from the ground up person.

Yeah, but he doesn't need to do any building or put any money forward himself. He could just let Bannon run things and the rubes will always supply the money.

It would be an interesting thing to watch. I assume that within a few weeks of Trump creating the Trump party, 70%+ of all elected pubs nationwide would switch their voter registration.

It's not going to happen, of course, but that's how it would go.

PLEASE do this Donald!!! We'll look the other way as you steal a couple billion.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...he-still-holds-loyalty-gop-voters/6765406002/

By double digits, 46%-27%, those surveyed say they would abandon the GOP and join the Trump party if the former president decided to create one.

"We feel like Republicans don't fight enough for us, and we all see Donald Trump fighting for us as hard as he can, every single day," Brandon Keidl, 27, a Republican and small-business owner from Milwaukee, says in an interview after being polled. "But then you have establishment Republicans who just agree with establishment Democrats and everything, and they don't ever push back."

Literally he has done nothing to fight for anyone except himself in months. He ain’t doing shit every single day.

It’s amazing how they believe things that aren’t close to true. Republicans and Trump aren’t fighting for him. Republicans are opposing Democrats at every turn.

I really really really hope he does

In all seriousness separate of how we get there i think we could really use a three party system - it would greatly reduce the "win at all costs" mentality that basically prevents government from doing anything, and it would give everyone more choices. i'm not aware of another true democracy where two parties control 99% of the politics.

if this forces a group of moderate pubs to the center that could be an interesting choice for people. sort of bernie/warren/aoc types on one end as a true liberal party -- joe/schumer/sasse/romney in the middle in a centrist party-- trump / nut jobs on the other end as the right wing

Yeah, but he doesn't need to do any building or put any money forward himself. He could just let Bannon run things and the rubes will always supply the money.

Ballot access for other than the two major parties has been made difficult in many states. A Trump party would have to overcome those barriers.

Also, some appointed bodies require political party diversity in their make-up.

One consequence could be non-elected commissions that require that no more than a bare majority of the members be from one party could be that Trump Party and Republicans push Democrats completely off those bodies.

How hard could trumpf be fighting for them from a sand trap everyday?? :dumb:

How could Trump grift more from his own party than he's already doing from the Republican Party?

Ballot access for other than the two major parties has been made difficult in many states. A Trump party would have to overcome those barriers.

Also, some appointed bodies require political party diversity in their make-up.

One consequence could be non-elected commissions that require that no more than a bare majority of the members be from one party could be that Trump Party and Republicans push Democrats completely off those bodies.

From a political stand point, he'd be far better off continuing with his take over of the GOP. He owns it already and basically has the power to just kick guys like Sasse and Romney out if he wants. All the Pubs that voted for impeachment have been censured by their own state party organizations already, Trump owns the GOP, and all the infrastructure it carries (e.g., ballot access, etc.).

From another perspective...he would grift so much fucking money from his supporters donating to the "Patriot Party." I'd expect he could just pocket a billion or so. Far cheaper than starting a new network or building buildings and shit.

How could Trump grift more from his own party than he's already doing from the Republican Party?

I don't really know how it works, but the RNC currently spends at least a little bit of the donation money they take in on electing people, they have this belief that inorder to keep getting donations they need to win some of the races. Whereas the patriot party would not care about winning races, the leadership would just pocket everything they legally could.

Back