• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hamburger or hotdog?

I grappled* with this question for that reason - shitty hotdogs do have a floor and taste generally like hotdogs. While burgers can become over cooked bricks of shit that you can barely choke down. I chalked that up to failure of preparation though, like I’m not going to fault the hotdog either if it fell off the gas station roller and covered in dirt under the shelf. Properly prepared shitty burger would likely still beat a salt filled fire engine red dollar-a-pack mystery meat hotdog.

*didn’t actually grapple

one of the all time great bits:

I've always wondered who goes into Five Guys or Shake Shack and orders the hotdog. I've had the Five Guys hotdog (ordered it just to try it, but also ordered a burger), and while the dog was good, it's no where near as good as the burger.

What individual adult? Probably next to none. I've always assumed they are available to accommodate kids or other picky eaters that get outvoted 2 or 3 - 1 on what's for dinner.

Last edited:
What individual adult? Probably next to none. I always assumed they're just there to accommodate a picky kid or other family member.

Yeah, my daughter used to get hot dogs from Five Guys because she wouldn't eat a burger until about a year ago. They are good hot dogs, but that isn't what I'm there for, plus they are way too expensive.

There is a smaller variance on hot dogs than there is on burgers. A bad hot dog beats a bad burger, but a good burger has a much higher ceiling than a good dog.

I prefer a burger especially if I'm hungry. But if you ever had a GREAT dog, there's nothing like a dog.
For 30 years it was my job to bring Lou Dawgs to Jet tailgates. (Lou was the butcher who made them for us.)
Best damn dog you'll ever taste.
Guys are still pissed at me for moving to SC. But they drive 30 miles out of their way to get Lou Dawgs.

Last edited:
If I have the option, I'll get a cheeseburger for the meal and a chili dog for dessert.

Cooking at home...hamburger every time.

Sporting events...give me the dog.

:noidea:

The only time I’m picking hot dog over burger is at a concession stand.

Home Cookout? Why not both?

The only time I’m picking hot dog over burger is at a concession stand.

Home Cookout? Why not both?

Hint about concession stand or vendor dogs early in games- Watch out for striped hot dogs. What happens at arenas or ballparks is the unsold hot dogs aren't thrown out. They are put back in the fridge and re-cooked the next game/event. That's what cause the striping.

Once you’ve had a hot juicy dog busting in your mouth, it’s pretty hard to go back to hamburgers honestly.

Hot dogs are a criminally underrated food. Basically the water of the foods.

If we're talking fast food, I'll take Dari-O dogs, burgers, or Cookout burgers all day long.

As far as the previous poster asked: A "bad" burger is always better than a "bad" (red weinie) dog every time.

I love hot dogs but I wish more hot dogs in the South had a snap in the casing like in NYC or Chicago.

When I was a kid, my parents would bribe me to go buy school clothes by taking me to Levis Hot Dogs on Lombard (on Sixth Street, if I remember correctly). It had been there since the late 1800s. They made the best dogs in house and had one of the first soda fountains in Philadelphia. Their champagne cherry was legendary. I loved the grape soda and homemade root beer.

Wish they had Levis out here. There's only one left and it's in suburban Abington.

Last edited:
If we're talking fast food, I'll take Dari-O dogs, burgers, or Cookout burgers all day long.

As far as the previous poster asked: A "bad" burger is always better than a "bad" (red weinie) dog every time.

sup newb how you doin

giphy.gif

Back