• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hamburger or hotdog?

Kory

Reaction score
On any given day, would you rather eat a hamburger or a hotdog?

EDIT: whoops, was supposed to be a poll

the best hamburger clearly defeats the best hotdog

but does the average burger defeat the average dog?

and then - worst burger vs worst dog?

hmm

In general. burgers...but Kosher knockwurst or Andouille or Argentinian sausages can give a good run for the money.

I have never understood mystique with In N Out. There burgers are too small.

There and everywhere else I won't accept burger with MAYO on it.

My friend Sly S owns THREE cheesesteak/hoagie places. He got tired of telling people he wouldn't put MAYO on his sandwiches. Thus, none of his shops have dab of MAYO in them.

Of the CA local burger stands, Tommy's is far superior. There are about thirty locations in SoCal with a few in NV. At about 2 PM, I'll be having Tommy half-pound fresh meat burger with a chunk of cheddar or melted bleu garganzola cheese (or teriyaki burger), with a side (fries, rings, mac salad or salad) and HUGE pickle or bunch of pepperoncinis on real plate for $4.85 before tax.

Ooops....I forgot it also comes with TWO large slices of fresh tomato, lettuce and big cut of onions.

If you don't like cheese, it's $4.25 before tax.

Yeah burgers all day. I put buffalo chicken sandwiches over both dogs and burgs tho

burger. current fav in these parts is Melt in Leesburg Va.

So a technical question. Can a "hamburger" have cheese on it? Or does that automatically make it a "cheeseburger?" If a hamburger is strictly no cheese - I haven't had one of those in probably 30 years.

So a technical question. Can a "hamburger" have cheese on it? Or does that automatically make it a "cheeseburger?" If a hamburger is strictly no cheese - I haven't had one of those in probably 30 years.

I'd say yes. A cheeseburger is a hamburger with cheese. The accompaniment doesn't make it not a hamburger. It's not a pickle burger or a tomato burger.

In amsterdam, it's a Royale and a Royale with Cheese

giphy.gif

I've always wondered who goes into Five Guys or Shake Shack and orders the hotdog. I've had the Five Guys hotdog (ordered it just to try it, but also ordered a burger), and while the dog was good, it's no where near as good as the burger.

I don't understand why parity exists between these two foods. Yes, they are both things you grill - but I'm rarely in the mood for both or neither.

Sometimes, like Mako's mom, I love a big meaty frank. Other times, I want a thick slab of meat between two buns.

It's like anal vs. vaginal sex. Having vag sex is great, but getting fucked in the ass can be ok, too.

the best hamburger clearly defeats the best hotdog

but does the average burger defeat the average dog?

and then - worst burger vs worst dog?

hmm

I’m having a hard time imagining where a burger would lose even in those scenarios

I’m having a hard time imagining where a burger would lose even in those scenarios

i dunno man, the worst hamburger is pretty fucking inedible. Hotdogs have a sort of quality baseline that even the jumbo packs of trash dogs are edible.

i dunno man, the worst hamburger is pretty fucking inedible. Hotdogs have a sort of quality baseline that even the jumbo packs of trash dogs are edible.

I grappled* with this question for that reason - shitty hotdogs do have a floor and taste generally like hotdogs. While burgers can become over cooked bricks of shit that you can barely choke down. I chalked that up to failure of preparation though, like I’m not going to fault the hotdog either if it fell off the gas station roller and covered in dirt under the shelf. Properly prepared shitty burger would likely still beat a salt filled fire engine red dollar-a-pack mystery meat hotdog.

*didn’t actually grapple

I've always wondered who goes into Five Guys or Shake Shack and orders the hotdog. I've had the Five Guys hotdog (ordered it just to try it, but also ordered a burger), and while the dog was good, it's no where near as good as the burger.

this is partly the genesis for the thread - always wondered that as well

Back