• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jamie Harrison new head of DNC

good pick. as has been said many times abrams wants georgia governor.

good pick. as has been said many times abrams wants georgia governor.

Georgia governorship is a stepping stone to a run for the presidency. Chair of DNC, not so much. Abrams needs an electoral win on her resume.

Georgia governorship is a stepping stone to a run for the presidency. Chair of DNC, not so much. Abrams needs an electoral win on her resume.

Yup. Abrams has proven the Dems can win statewide in GA. She has more than earned another stab at running for Governor in GA and that should be her focus for the next two years. It's still tough sledding for Dems statewide in SC so Harrison's odds there are still limited. DNC chair is a great landing spot for him. Dude can raise serious money.

Good choice - I like him. The position by its nature is often a no win position and can be a career ender because you get blamed for everything. May the force be with him.

I like that Brad keeps up with the same lame joke while Abrams delivers Georgia Blue and hands Democrats the senate. Her not winning governor ends up being a really big positive.

A second term?

You may have missed it but kemp was running "his" election and Disenfranchising voters. Ms Abrams turned that around by registering eligible voters and ramping up voter turnout. Her leadership took control of the senate.

Tip of my sombrero to you good sir.

LOL - Trump's strategy of dumbfuckery after he lost crying about stolen elections and illegal votes did more to suppress likely Perdue and Loeffler voters in the GA senate run-offs than anything governor-elect Abrams did or didn't do.

But I'm fully prepared to hear the cries once more of GA voter disenfranchising if governor-elect Abrams were to lose. Again.

LOL - Trump's strategy of dumbfuckery after he lost crying about stolen elections and illegal votes did more to suppress likely Perdue and Loeffler voters in the GA senate run-offs than anything governor-elect Abrams did or didn't do.

But I'm fully prepared to hear the cries once more of GA voter disenfranchising if governor-elect Abrams were to lose. Again.
Uh huh.

it's a damn good thing for you that you were born rich brad

Does that also explain why GA went for Biden in November?

Or how the senate races got to a run-off in the first place

Kinda ironic about the results of the run-off. The reason behind having these things in southern states ensure Dixiecrats back in the day and now Pubs would win because they were bound to have a better turnout on a day other than the Tue following the 1st Mon in Nov. If it weren't for the run-off, the Pubs would enjoy a 51-49 lead in the senate with Warnock and Perdue being GA's senators.

Republican vote was not "suppressed" in the runoff if you look at historical measures. Republicans turned out big time. Hell there were more votes in the runoff than the 2016 general election. Democrats just turned out better, and much of that is due to Abrams and other grassroots organizations in the state.

Back