• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden policies - COVID/immigration

Listen I was promised the ability to buy 25 Nachos in a can at once, I wasn’t promised 7 nachos in a can last week and 18 sometime on the future. Now I’m going to really bitch and complain until I get 32 nachos in a can orders!

I’m not certain where your joke is going, but Knowing that the $2000 stimulus check amount was an arbitrary amount to begin with, you might consider that $600 per recipient, in a months time, is *a lot* of money to very many families - it’s a big difference.

lol No the fuck they did not.

No one ever promised $2600.

I bet we can agree on this. American Airlines may be causing real uprisings in DC. From tonight until the day after inauguration, there will be NO BOOZE sold on flights to or from DC.

Let's say your kid asks you for $50 and your wife gives them $20. You think that's too low so you slip your kid $30. Should your kid complain you didn't give them $50?

MDMH, you're right that $2000 is arbitrary, but it is a number, not just a symbol.

If Democrats increase the federal minimum wage to $15, you going to complain that they didn't increase it by $15?

well, now i better get $2,600 for each person in my household or i'm voting green party until i die

RJ, just walk away from it.

It’s scary to me how easily Republicans *AND* Democrats will revise history, shift their standards, and abandon expectations, just to defend their party leaders from criticism.
7920c1251a69ac153c9a4ed4fa6cc063.jpg

3 weeks ago.
a1cc40cb8485764c5926a8c5b4b6a4c4.jpg

You’re talking about increments of money that are going to come at least 2 months apart from each other.

I’m also not seeing what the big deal is here. If I make $5,000 a month I don’t complain when I get $2,500 on the 15th and $2,500 on the 31st. I’m way more concerned about the naked way in which they were campaigning on outright buying votes. Feels really slimy.

Biden unveils $1.9 trillion economic and health-care relief package

As expected, Biden’s proposal would also increase from $600 to $2,000 per person the stimulus payments approved by Congress last month. Trump enthusiastically endorsed the $2,000 stimulus payments, as did congressional Democratic leaders, but many Republicans opposed the idea. Biden’s plan would also expand eligibility for the stimulus payments to families where one parent is an immigrant, as well as to adult children claimed as dependents on their parents’ tax returns. Both categories were excluded in the last relief packages due to GOP opposition. About 13.5 million adult dependents were excluded from the checks as a result, including millions of disabled people.

MDMH isn't wrong. The messaging seemed pretty clear that there would be additional $2,000 checks, not $1,400 in addition to the already sent $600.

Uncle Joe is already lying to all of us.

didn't Trump call for $2000 when given the bill for $600 to sign and Pelosi got a new bill passed that McConnell wouldn't take up?

A Look at What’s in Biden’s $1.9 Trillion Stimulus Plan

The administration is looking for $1,400 checks.

President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr. is trying to make good on Democrats’ promise to send more money to households in the form of one-time checks. Its proposal would send out $1,400 per person for those under certain income thresholds, topping off the $600 checks that came as part of the December relief package.

Back