• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden policies - COVID/immigration

didn't Trump call for $2000 when given the bill for $600 to sign and Pelosi got a new bill passed that McConnell wouldn't take up?

Trump, Pelosi, Biden and others called for a $2000 up until 12/24 when McConnell passed a $600 bill.

Barca, check the dates on Ossoff's and Warnock's tweets. They are before the bill was passed. They were still hoping to get $2000 not $600.

the complaints today really seem to be the first I've heard of people calling for an additional 2,000 on top of the 600. I was under the impression it was always 1400 to add up to the 2000. the call for 2000 was to supersede the 600 bill that Trump was awaiting to sign.

Perfect example of the far left needing to create outrage.

This is obvious to pretty much everyone.

“Pretty much”

Perfect example of the far left needing to create outrage.

Sure thing Chris. I’m sure if Biden’s budget had included $2000 checks there would have been a lot of debate on the boards wondering where the $1400 checks were. Or not, because that absolutely wouldn’t have been mentioned.

Sure thing Chris. I’m sure if Biden’s budget had included $2000 checks there would have been a lot of debate on the boards wondering where the $1400 checks were. Or not, because that absolutely wouldn’t have been mentioned.

My questions are- Why was your first reaction to insult and name call when none had come your way? Is that a correct thing to do?
And- All of us admit when we are wrong, why can't you just say, I was wrong or My bad?

MDMH isn't wrong. The messaging seemed pretty clear that there would be additional $2,000 checks, not $1,400 in addition to the already sent $600.

Uncle Joe is already lying to all of us.

The debate was always between $600 and $2000, not between $600 and $2600.

If someone promises says they're going to work to get me $2000 and they come through with $600 then come through with $1400, we're square.

I seriously cannot believe anyone is arguing over this shit.

Seriously. Feel free to argue that $2000 isn't enough, but it's really petty to argue $600 + $1400 isn't the $2000 that's been promised.

democrats can't even give money away correctly

LOL.

Thing is this isn't a big deal. Progressives don't have to negotiate anymore. Bernie can hold out to be the 50th vote. He doesn't have to settle for centrist bullshit.

Last edited:
The debate was always between $600 and $2000

you're right, the debate was never about "$2600", because no one was honestly considering adding stimulus check totals together. Like I said earlier, using that very same logic, why wouldn't we also include the $1200 checks in this apparently running total? You used an analogy earlier about getting a payment in installments. That analogy doesn't work, because it implies a sum total. No one ever said that $2000 was the total amount of stimulus being debated, it was being debated as a single payment of $2000, as recently as NEW YEARS DAY.

Just did a search for "1400" on the tunnels in the past 3 months. Zero results before today. You lockstep Dems were doing some awfully quiet assuming.

Biden policies

Just did a search for "1400" on the tunnels in the past 3 months. Zero results before today. You lockstep Dems were doing some awfully quiet assuming.

That’s what assuming is. Assuming is quiet because the alternative doesn’t make any sense.

Feel free to point out where you said $600 then $2000 more. Or point out where you said $2600 total.

Last edited:
That’s what assuming is. Assuming is quiet because the alternative doesn’t make any sense.

Feel free to point out where you said $600 then $2000 more. Or point out where you said $2600 total.

Why would I say 2600? Why would anyone? It makes as much and as little sense as adding two stimulus check totals together which are months apart from each other. For shits and giggles, here's RJ:
There are Republicans who will vote with the $2000 check.

Can't imagine why RJ would be posting about a $2000 check a week after the $600 stimulus was passed. Interesting.

Biden policies

Copying his posts in an argument isn’t going to work on me.

The promise was $2000. That’s what they’re delivering. $600 was what they could get at first. Now they’re planning the rest. Feel free to post where you said it was going to be two independent $600 and $2000 checks. Find anybody talking about $2600 total before today.

Last edited:
oooh boy
ErvERZzXUAIZxMc

Back