• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden policies - COVID/immigration

I just dont know how I could have been so confused
https://fox2now.com/news/national/biden-plan-with-2000-stimulus-checks-expected-to-include-expanded-child-tax-credit/
"Last week, Biden told voters in Georgia that if Democrats won those races, $2,000 stimulus checks would be on their way to most Americans.

Democrats ended up winning, and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer reinforced that money was on its way.

“One of the first things that I want to do when our new senators are seated is deliver the $2,000 checks to the American families,” Schumer, who will become majority leader, said Wednesday."

Where could I have gotten the idea that it was a $2000 check? It's a real mystery.

Biden policies

I'm glad that all you math experts ignored Chuck Schumer and..uh...Joe Biden telling you that $2000 checks were on the way. “Fake News”, amirite? I'll know better next time.

Last edited:

“By electing Jon & the Reverend you can make an immediate difference in your own lives, the lives of the people all across this country, because their election will put an end to the block in Washington on that 2,000 dollar stimulus check - that money that will go out the door immediately”

Quote from 3:25-3:45 of Joe Biden’s speech at his get out the vote rally in Atlanta on January 4th

https://youtu.be/KbDJJ782MfY

Biden policies

January 4th was 2 weeks after the $600 stimulus was passed. So I don’t know what the fuck assuming you all were doing, but I can’t do anymore than give you video of Joe Biden saying the exact, in context, phrase “2000 dollar stimulus check” *after* the $600 was already passed. If you won’t believe Joe fucking Biden yourself then who will you believe?

Just take the fuckin L.

Biden policies

There’s no L to take. Like I posted, the plan was always $2000 direct payment, not $2600. Show me where you said, “oh great we’re getting an additional $600.” You didn’t.

Weird that the argument went from $600 isn’t going to make a difference to now claiming $600 is a huge difference. It’s disingenuous and intended to divide at the start of the administration.

Biden policies

There’s no L to take. Like I posted, the plan was always $2000 direct payment, not $2600. Show me where you said, “oh great we’re getting an additional $600.” You didn’t.

Weird that the argument went from $600 isn’t going to make a difference to now claiming $600 is a huge difference. It’s disingenuous and intended to divide at the start of the administration.

WHOSE PLAN?! I just showed you video of Joe Biden promising a $2000 check to the voters of Atlanta and you’re still trying to tell me what his plan is. How? How are you going to sit here and argue with Joe Biden about his own plan? You’re crazy. You post and post and post, as if your own opinion is going to overcome direct video evidence to the contrary of what you’re saying. I’m sorry man, but those quotes went out to the whole world, and I could link you a dozen news articles mentioning them, but your crazy ass would just deny those as well.

Don’t ever be confused about how right wingers stop believing the truth in media, because you do the same exact shit whenever you want to win an argument.

There was no plan for a sum of $2,000.

There was no target dollar figure total that was agreed upon.

Taking Joe and the Dems at face value would lead the American people to anticipate an additional $2,000 check to the $600. Saying anything else is creating a narrative to fit an argument that doesn't even really make sense.

Taking Joe and the Dems at face value would lead the American people to anticipate an additional $2,000 check to the $600. Saying anything else is creating a narrative to fit an argument that doesn't even really make sense.

Don’t think I’ve seen a dumber attempt at gaslighting
c2ed5d8b9b8aba794e4f835fe3c9d0c4.jpg

When did the plan become $2600?

Why did nobody talk about $2600 in payments until now?

The number has always been $2000.

Biden policies

When did the plan become $2600?

Why did nobody talk about $2600 in payments until now?

The number has always been $2000.

No. It was a $600 check then a $2000 check. There was never a mention of a $1400 check. Joe Biden said it to the world and tweeted it, so who the fuck cares what you think it should be. The thread isn’t “PHs Policy”.

Biden policies

And by the way PH, the AOC tweet you posted was referring to Donald Trump increasing the stimulus, when he was threatening to veto, and she tweeted it a week before the runoff.
Here’s her current opinion on the topic

Last edited:
Adam Schiff must be confused

Googling “what did Biden mean by down payment” (the language I recall attributed to him when discussing the December relief package)...glancing at 8 or so articles....seems he’s largely delivering a proposal consistent with what he said he would be doing.

This discussion seems like a practical demonstration of a swamp swivel - a mythical bird that flies in ever-decreasing concentric circles until its head flies up its ass.

My questions are- Why was your first reaction to insult and name call when none had come your way? Is that a correct thing to do?
And- All of us admit when we are wrong, why can't you just say, I was wrong or My bad?

Let it go RJ.

Back