• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: Hokies @ WF -- Sunday 6 pm ACCN

big ody fan as well, and really like williamson. actually think we have a lot of good pieces
who are having to do slightly more than they are capable of. believe someone made a mucius:levy comp which i think is decent. wilkins seems like a solid role player. imo massoud needs to settle into an austin arians role but still very useful.

If it's any indication of future success, the positivity on this board towards Wake MBB, especially compared to the first seasons of the previous two hires, speaks volumes.

offense has probably covered more linear feet in these first handful of games than any season under Manning

If it's any indication of future success, the positivity on this board towards Wake MBB, especially compared to the first seasons of the previous two hires, speaks volumes.

The term for it is confirmation bias.

offense has probably covered more linear feet in these first handful of games than any season under Manning

That play for Williamson he hit but was out of bounds? Mannequin would not only ever draw it up, he wouldn’t even consider it.

Considering Whitt only played 3 yrs of hs ball I think people need some perspective. He’s fearless and confident against ACC comp. Sure he probably tries some things that worked in hs but he’s learning. I feel comfortable when he’s in the game and the ball movement is good.

A free year of experience is going to be huge for us.

It was interesting that Neath was in down the stretch. Says a lot about Forbes, he doesn’t seam to burry guys on the bench.

On the other hand wonder why Antonio didn’t get some minutes at the end for his shooting.

Whitt needs to look for his jump shot more. He can shoot it.

Actual coaching and development are taking place. That's all I care about at this point. Give Forbes 2-3 years and some more talent, we'll be great fun to watch.

They don't have a national championship in any sport so they need things to celebrate.

It was interesting that Neath was in down the stretch. Says a lot about Forbes, he doesn’t seam to burry guys on the bench.

On the other hand wonder why Antonio didn’t get some minutes at the end for his shooting.

I couldn't watch this game. But from what I've seen so far, Forbes doesn't have enough pieces to play 4-D chess. He's just trying to keep pieces on the board. I don't think we can read too much into who plays and who finishes from one game to the next. We don't have much talent and nobody on the roster is 100% reliable in any particular role. I think Forbes just has to balance work ethic, stamina, and hot hand to put the best unit on the floor he can at any given moment in the game.

Last edited:
We badly need more size and we are pretty damn weak across the board. With that said, we have a few good pieces and Forbes is the guy. I give it two more seasons and we will be back in the top 1/3 of the ACC on a consistent basis. And I agree with whoever said it...just nice to give a shit again. Go Deacs!

I couldn't watch this game. But from what I've seen so far, Forbes doesn't have enough pieces to play 4-D chess. He's just trying to keep pieces on the board. I don't think we can read too much into who plays and who finishes from one game to the next. We don't have much talent and nobody on the roster is 100% reliable in any particular role. I think Forbes just has to balance work ethic, stamina, and hot hand to put the best unit on the floor he can at any given moment in the game.

Well given Whitt was available it was interesting.

Well given Whitt was available it was interesting.

Whitt looked slow tonight. He hasn't in previous games. Competition better or ankle still not 100%? My vote is the ankle isn't completely healed, so he had to limit his minutes.

Back