• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: Hokies @ WF -- Sunday 6 pm ACCN

Wow. Decade old Wellman culture club takes.

Ah, a [redacted] supporter. Starting to make sense now.

This roster is one of the worst rosters Wake has had in a reallyyyy long time, that we are even competitive against top 25 opponents is a miracle itself.

I'm not "ragging" on Forbes. From what I can tell, he is doing just fine so far. I just think it's a little early to install sainthood upon him, since we haven't yet won a single game against a Top 300 team in the nation. Actually, the problem I have is with many of our fans, rather than Forbes. They were all out on Buzz & Manning....particularly Buzz, whose early players he inherited were more likely to be found on police blotters than in the sports pages. Even when he beat Duke & Carolina, he could do nothing right in their eyes. Now, as if to compensate for the all-out hatred of the last two coaches, many of those same fans have evidently decided that no matter what happens the new coach is going to have their full support. And as I mentioned earlier, the boards are full of confirmation bias. You would think that Wake Forest is the only school that has had a tough time of it in the last year. These other teams have had problems too...but they have found a way to win some games along the way. As ATS said, after the next two games the schedule gets softer with games against the bottom three teams just above us (Notre Dame, Miami & Boston College). Hopefully we can begin to see a few W's on our record.

We are 3-5 and 0-5 in ACC play and you're still going on about "confirmation bias"? I'm not sure anyone has recommended "sainthood" either. But I do see a team that actually plays as a TEAM for 40 minutes. Not many great athletes on this team but the coaching, thus far, has been far superior to the previous lost decade.

I legitimately laughed out loud when I got to the police blotters line. I thought he was trying to be serious before I got there.

Lol, had a feeling that was BKF after like 3 posts. Amazing.

Ah, a [redacted] supporter. Starting to make sense now.

Y3p.

Police blotter. Really 88? The average wake fan tried to get excited and give [name redacted] and Danny th4 benefit of the doubt. Those of us paying attention knew neither had a winning resume and should never have been hired. That played out.

Did 88 graduate then or just your favorite number?

I'm not "ragging" on Forbes. From what I can tell, he is doing just fine so far. I just think it's a little early to install sainthood upon him, since we haven't yet won a single game against a Top 300 team in the nation. Actually, the problem I have is with many of our fans, rather than Forbes. They were all out on Buzz & Manning....particularly Buzz, whose early players he inherited were more likely to be found on police blotters than in the sports pages. Even when he beat Duke & Carolina, he could do nothing right in their eyes. Now, as if to compensate for the all-out hatred of the last two coaches, many of those same fans have evidently decided that no matter what happens the new coach is going to have their full support. And as I mentioned earlier, the boards are full of confirmation bias. You would think that Wake Forest is the only school that has had a tough time of it in the last year. These other teams have had problems too...but they have found a way to win some games along the way. As ATS said, after the next two games the schedule gets softer with games against the bottom three teams just above us (Notre Dame, Miami & Boston College). Hopefully we can begin to see a few W's on our record.

Folks, this is another validation if the Ignore button. I think 88 may be his IQ not his WFU class

it's the redacted and Manning apologist who has ignored an entire decade of some of the worst basketball in Wake Forest history and lets their personal feelings override objective criteria even as they claim that others do the same. Forbes has a longer leash due to the fact that he can actually coach and the total package he brings to the job and his records of success in prior locations but if we are still terrible five years from now that leash will certainly not be there. But that ain't going to happen.

Back