• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Admin Releases 1776 Report - Patriots Unite!

Highland Deac

Reaction score
The Trump Administration released the Final Report & Recommendations of the Presidential "1776 Commission." The Commission was created in response to the NY Times 1619 Project, which Trump and most conservatives despise and loathe as anti-American, too focused on presenting a "negative view" of American history, and above all Marxist. I've included a link to the 1776 Report below, but here are some highlights.

In the Table of Contents, it states that "Challenges to America's Principles" includes "Slavery, Progressivism, Fascism & Communism (and they're the same thing, basically), and Racism & Identity Politics." It also recommends "The Task of National Renewal" as "The Role of the Family, Teaching America, A Scholarship of Freedom, The American Mind, and a Reverence for the Laws." BTW, the Report makes no mention of Native Americans at all.

It's a long report, but here are some gems:

On the Civil Rights Movement morphing into insidious Identity Politics and Affirmative Action: “The Civil Rights Movement was almost immediately turned to programs that ran counter to the lofty ideals of the founders. The ideas that drove this change had been growing in America for decades, and they distorted many areas of policy in the half century that followed. Among the distortions was the abandonment of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity in favor of “group rights” not unlike those advanced by Calhoun and his followers. The justification for reversing the promise of color-blind civil rights was that past discrimination requires present effort, or affirmative action in the form of preferential treatment, to overcome long-accrued inequalities. Those forms of preferential treatment built up in our system over time, first in administrative rulings, then executive orders, later in congressionally passed law, and finally were sanctified by the Supreme Court.” So John C. Calhoun advocating special rights for Southern slaveowners is the same as civil rights advocates pushing for affirmative action programs to redress past and current examples of racism within organizations. Right.

What Makes America Unique: "In two decisive respects, the United States of America is unique. First, it has a definite birthday: July 4th, 1776. Second, it declares from the moment of its founding not merely the principles on which its new government will be based; it asserts those principles to be true and universal: “applicable to all men and all times,” as Lincoln said."

Defending the Founders Owning Slaves: "The most common charge levelled against the founders, and hence against our country itself, is that they were hypocrites who didn’t believe in their stated principles, and therefore the country they built rests on a lie. This charge is untrue, and has done enormous damage, especially in recent years, with a devastating effect on our civic unity and social fabric...Many Americans labor under the illusion that slavery was somehow a uniquely American evil. It is essential to insist at the outset that the institution be seen in a much broader perspective. It is very hard for people brought up in the comforts of modern America, in a time in which the idea that all human beings have inviolable rights and inherent dignity is almost taken for granted, to imagine the cruelties and enormities that were endemic in earlier times. But the unfortunate fact is that the institution of slavery has been more the rule than the exception throughout human history...Above all, there is the clear language of the Declaration itself: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.” The founders knew slavery was incompatible with that truth."

The Progressive Era Was Made Up of People Who Didn't Understand Originalism: “Based on this false understanding of rights, the Progressives designed a new system of government. Instead of securing fundamental rights grounded in nature, government—operating under a new theory of the “living” Constitution—should constantly evolve to secure evolving rights.”

Commission Recommendations: "States and school districts should reject any curriculum that promotes one-sided partisan opinions, activist propaganda, or factional ideologies that demean America’s heritage, dishonor our heroes, or deny our principles. Any time teachers or administrators promote political agendas in the classroom, they abuse their platform and dishonor every family who trusts them with their children’s education and moral development...From families and schools to popular culture and public policy, we must teach our founding principles and the character necessary to live out those principles...This includes restoring patriotic education that teaches the truth about America. That doesn’t mean ignoring the faults in our past, but rather viewing our history clearly and wholly, with reverence and love. We must also prioritize personal responsibility and fulfilling the duties we have toward one another as citizens. Above all, we must stand up to the petty tyrants in every sphere who demand that we speak only of America’s sins while denying her greatness. At home, in school, at the workplace, and in the world, it is the people—and only the people—who have the power to stand up for America and defend our way of life."

Promoting traditional two-parent family values and up-by-your-bootstraps thinking: "When children see their mother and father hard at work, they learn the dignity of labor and the reward of self-discipline. When adults speak out against dangerous doctrines that threaten our freedoms and values, children learn the time-tested concept of free expression and the courageous spirit of American independence. When parents serve a neighbor in need, they model charity and prove that every human being has inherent worth. And when families pray together, they acknowledge together the providence of the Almighty God who gave them their sacred liberty...For the American republic to endure, families must remain strong and reclaim their duty to raise up morally responsible citizens who love America and embrace the gifts and responsibilities of freedom and self- government."

If you want to read the rest it's all here: https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/The-Presidents-Advisory-1776-Commission-Final-Report.pdf

Man, I wish JHMD were here so I could witness his virtual ejaculation at the last section there. Conservatives suck.

My wife is a history teacher and she’s pretty happy she no longer has to devise a US History syllabus.

My wife is a history teacher and she’s pretty happy she no longer has to devise a US History syllabus.

I know some people that are AP US History teachers, and the nice thing about teaching APUSH is that much of what you teach is dictated by the College Board, so if someone complains you can always blame it on them (although the teachers I know want to teach the bad along with the good.)

it has a definite birthday: July 4th, 1776
Is that it really though?
The fighting started 4/19/1775
The war ended 9/3/1783
Constitution was signed 9/17/1787

How much did the government pay for this piece of shit propaganda?

The war ended 9/3/1783

The Continental Congress adopted the Articles of Confederation, the first constitution of the United States, on November 15, 1777.

Ratification of the Articles of Confederation by all thirteen states did not occur until March 1, 1781.

First state (Delaware) ratified the Constitution on Dec 7, 1787.

June 20, 1788, when New Hampshire became the ninth state to ratify the Constitution, and it became the official governing document, superseding the Articles of Confederation.

The war ended 9/3/1783

And the Lee Resolution was passed by the Second Continental Congress on 7/2/1776, resolving that the Thirteen Colonies were free and independent States separate from the British Empire. John Adams said, “The Second Day of July 1776, will be the most memorable Epocha, in the History of America.” Not memorable enough to Conservatives, it seems.

Need Brad's thoughts. He loves to deride the 1619 Project. Finally, we have the facts!

No footnotes or citations and no primary authors listed for any section, just names of the whole commission on the last page. Real cool report there.

Brad has rubbed himself raw reading this. Or, more likely, reading a summary from Matt Gaetz’s Twitter (Parler?) feed.

No footnotes or citations and no primary authors listed for any section, just names of the whole commission on the last page. Real cool report there.

“History” written by political hacks is just propaganda.

But it matches Brad's feelings, so it must be true.

Fantastic to release this on MLK day, racist assholes.

26% of this was plagiarized.

Last edited:
so much to unpack here and none of it is surprising. not sure why i bothered but a few thoughts.

Among the distortions was the abandonment of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity

these two items look... contradictory.

it declares from the moment of its founding not merely the principles on which its new government will be based; it asserts those principles to be true and universal: “applicable to all men and all times,”

sounds good on paper. but last time i checked MAGA is the exact opposite.

there is the clear language of the Declaration itself: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.” The founders knew slavery was incompatible with that truth."

the founder knew slavery was incompatible with "all men are created equal." and yet allowed it and coddled the slave holders. i submit knowing something is wrong and, more than doing nothing, actively working to keep it in place is worse than not knowing you are perpetuating a great evil. this whole section is a big ball of "bosides." the founding father's knew it was wrong but everyone around the world was doing it so we get a pass. nevermind. just remember it was really hard economically back then so in order to get rich our founders had to do it on the backs of people forced into giving their live and labor so my family could shoot right to the top!

originalism nom nom originalism nothing ever changes originalism

reject any curriculum that promotes one-sided partisan opinions, activist propaganda, or factional ideologies

alternative facts!

Any time teachers or administrators promote political agendas in the classroom, they abuse their platform and dishonor every family who trusts them with their children’s education and moral development

ooh ooh now do religious agendas!

That doesn’t mean ignoring the faults in our past, but rather viewing our history clearly and wholly, with reverence and love.

nothing contradictory here. snowflakes gonna get all upset when you say the negative things about the American experience out loud. lets just ignore the negatives. if we do that I'll be ok but you can keep standing in quicksand while i look the other way. only then will American be truly great again!

We must also prioritize personal responsibility and fulfilling the duties we have toward one another as citizens.

Mask? to help keep other people safe? but what about muh rights? I am not wearing a mask. its hard to breath and the flu! open up! open up! So. you're telling me other countries worse masks and far fewer people died? they're sheep. i need beer and wings. open up!

when families pray together, they acknowledge together the providence of the Almighty God who gave them their sacred liberty

the original intent of the founding father's was to create a country with freedom from government establishment of a state religion and to avoid governing through religious principles. but, yeah, lets pray to white jesus in school

Any mention of the founders who were enslavers or that most of our Presidents before the Civil War were enslavers and relied on enslaved people in the White House?

"Incompatible" my ass.

You could add a few sentences here and there and this "project" would be a fantastic essay on American exceptionalism.

Any mention of the founders who were enslavers or that most of our Presidents before the Civil War were enslavers and relied on enslaved people in the White House?

"Incompatible" my ass.

Many slaves helped build the White House.

Back