• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How to convert conservatives

If you are looking to try to convince people who maybe consider themselves centrists but lean conservative or libertarian (not the MAGA crazies, not sure what can be done there), and they are willing to read/consider other positions, I think sending them stuff by Samuel Hammond is a good entry point. He writes pretty convincingly about the need for a strong welfare state to support a dynamic free market (here), and in strong support of a child allowance and the Bennet/Brown American Family Act (here) are two good examples. He's more conservative than me on a number of levels, but he write in support of what are very progressive policies using a frame that I think appeals to those that think of themselves as centrists.

And maybe once you get them on board with a strong welfare state, you can start sending them actual lefty stuff like Bruenig's Family Fun Pack.

related but not quite on topic: has anybody read any good theory of change literature?

Currently listening to a podcast series on the French Revolution by Mike Duncan and the "Republican baptism" seems like it could work.

Because I don’t care about what borderline obese internet message board posters think?

God damn I love working up you dipshits. It wouldn’t be as fun if wasn’t so easy.

Bye for now, bitch bois.

God, how did I miss all this 2 months ago. Dude. You can’t continuously talk about how we’re fat and you’re jacked and then scurry away every time I ask you to prove it. Let’s go, bro!!!! Shame me with the amazing physical specimen you are. We can’t wait to be impressed.

For real though, ATS and I are running a Tough Mudder in 2 weeks in Atlanta. Come join the team!!!

I haven't looked at the entire thread but you really don't need to try and convert any conservatives.... all you have to do is offer them a bottle of water while they are waiting in line to vote and their vote is yours...

Totally wrong! You may not like Lemon, but he doesn't and promote hate like Carlson, Hannity, Ingraham and other Fox News liars.

You're right I don't like Lemon. He's an idiot. They're all idiots. Again as I stated earlier, just depends on which side you are on as to which idiot you like and trust.

Back