• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: WF @ UNC-ch -- Wednesday 7 pm ACCN

Yeah I'm not worried about Whitt at all. He will put it together with a full offseason to get conditioned and up to speed.

Whitt's last three games- 5 Assists and 17 turnovers. Holy shit, that is that terrible. I know he is young but he has miles to go before he is an ACC point guard.

Needs weight room and experience. And a haircut. He’s 17 and has been at WF for 6 weeks. In over his head right now. Jumped right into the deep end.

Needs weight room and experience. And a haircut. He’s 17 and has been at WF for 6 weeks. In over his head right now. Jumped right into the deep end.

He definitely does not need a haircut. His hair is dope.

Whitt's last three games- 5 Assists and 17 turnovers. Holy shit, that is that terrible. I know he is young but he has miles to go before he is an ACC point guard.

Of course he does; but he has all the tools. The kids months out of high school playing in the ACC. ACC!!
Patience people.

I’m gonna keep saying this until I get a response. There is no way Adams doesn’t deserve some of Neath’s and Whitt’s minutes right now. Any clue where he is??

Not sure if this has been covered in responses since, but Forbes mentioned yesterday morning that the scout team before VT game was: Miles Lester, Blake Buchanan, JR Mathis, Grant Van Beveren ... and Quadry Adams.

For as much as Forbes harps that you have to earn your playing time by the way you practice, Adams being the only scholarship guy on scout team tells you that the staff doesn't feel he deserves any of Neath and Whitt's minutes right now.

He will get there, he's driving me crazy with the turnovers also. We must remember he is 17 and will make major improvements coming into next year. He definitely needs to be in the weight room.

Forbes pretty critical of Neath in the post game press conference. Says he has talent just has to make quicker decisions and play with confidence. Same thing I am seeing in regards to Neath.

Forbes pretty critical of Neath in the post game press conference. Says he has talent just has to make quicker decisions and play with confidence. Same thing I am seeing in regards to Neath.

(ask direct questions; get direct answers. what a novel concept)

It's not the X's and O's, it's about the Jimmy's and Joe's. The team is gritty, grimy, tough and together. Good energy and effort every game. They lack talent. Williamson has got it. Tonight Mucius showed it. Maybe he emerges. Oguama and Okpomo are serviceable at center. Everyone else shows a glimpse of talent on occasion. That's it.

39 of the 87 turnovers committed in the six ACC games have been generated by Neath and Whitt at PG. Unacceptable. The problem is they are all the team has at guard beside Williamson. If Adams can't get PT with that stat, he best take personal inventory. That might be good advice for Whitt and Neath as well.

Not sure if this has been covered in responses since, but Forbes mentioned yesterday morning that the scout team before VT game was: Miles Lester, Blake Buchanan, JR Mathis, Grant Van Beveren ... and Quadry Adams.

For as much as Forbes harps that you have to earn your playing time by the way you practice, Adams being the only scholarship guy on scout team tells you that the staff doesn't feel he deserves any of Neath and Whitt's minutes right now.

Wow. Not a good sign. Thanks as always for the info!

Good info thanks Conor. Sounds like Forbes is delivering a message to Adams.

We are ahead of schedule despite the record. First Forbes has to stabilize the program, get us competitive, then start converting the close losses to wins. But for the Covid setbacks we'd already have a few of those wins.

You can't quickly bring a program back from ten-plus years of near-total negligence. Here's where I would usually take another shot at Wellman, but it's a new year and I'm trying to turn the page.

Neath looked horrific last night. My goodness. We know he has talent but he’s in a tailspin.

Whitt...meh. Purely developmental season for him. At most good programs he’d be expected to primarily be a backup NEXT year.

Daivien...stud. Blowing by guys to the basket, splitting doubles, hitting 3s. Offense gets a bit lost when he dribbles too much without intention and we need a big to play in the pick and roll with him but man was he a big pickup.

Whitt should still be in high school. He would have another entire season of basketball plus a summer of workouts in any other year.

He will get there, he's driving me crazy with the turnovers also. We must remember he is 17 and will make major improvements coming into next year. He definitely needs to be in the weight room.

Whitt is also just recovered from a "rolled ankle" that caused him to miss some games. He may not be 100% just yet.

Its a weird feeling not being pissed and depressed that we havent won an ACC game yet. Thats how happy I am that we have a coach who gets it, and gives a shit. He will get us back to where we belong. Its great to see our guys not give up.

Whitt is also just recovered from a "rolled ankle" that caused him to miss some games. He may not be 100% just yet.

Yep, Whitt is not mentally nor physically ready for ACC play quite yet. The raw material is there but he has to grow some physically and become accustomed to play at this level, he will I am confident about that. A lot of his turnovers come from 2 things, adjusting to the speed of the game at this level and losing the ball to bigger, stronger players. Neath looks like a kid who has lost all his confidence and swagger. Mucius played spectacularly well last night and it bodes well for his future. Ish.... well he is just so soft and does not have much athleticism. Williamson, my goodness do I need to eat some crow, he is a difference maker for us even if he is the smallest kid we have on the court. Antonio was hurt for a few weeks and will get his shot back as he moves closer to 100% healthy. Ody will make an all ACC team by his senior year if he keeps improving at this rate, what a warrior.

It is so satisfying to watch a coach of ours actually making his team better for a change, unlike the other 2 clowns. Wilkins, and Adams are obviously not going to be much of a factor for us and we caught a very bad break with Tariq and Ian being out. Okpomo will be decent after a year or two if he keeps working hard so we have to be a little patient with him and feed him playing time in small bursts. I could not be happier with Forbes and think he will have people reluctant to play us in a couple of years IMO

Yep, Whitt is not mentally nor physically ready for ACC play quite yet. The raw material is there but he has to grow some physically and become accustomed to play at this level, he will I am confident about that. A lot of his turnovers come from 2 things, adjusting to the speed of the game at this level and losing the ball to bigger, stronger players. Neath looks like a kid who has lost all his confidence and swagger. Mucius played spectacularly well last night and it bodes well for his future. Ish.... well he is just so soft and does not have much athleticism. Williamson, my goodness do I need to eat some crow, he is a difference maker for us even if he is the smallest kid we have on the court. Antonio was hurt for a few weeks and will get his shot back as he moves closer to 100% healthy. Ody will make an all ACC team by his senior year if he keeps improving at this rate, what a warrior.

It is so satisfying to watch a coach of ours actually making his team better for a change, unlike the other 2 clowns. Wilkins, and Adams are obviously not going to be much of a factor for us and we caught a very bad break with Tariq and Ian being out. Okpomo will be decent after a year or two if he keeps working hard so we have to be a little patient with him and feed him playing time in small bursts. I could not be happier with Forbes and think he will have people reluctant to play us in a couple of years IMO

All of this. 100% agree and I think most rational Wake fans do too.

Back